Frank... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Frank...

The thing people can’t “see” because it’s not a stat or obvious, is the huge difference between frank and jalen (and Tyus when he is at pg) when it comes to “running or managing” the offense. He’s often moving guys, pointing to guys, calling for screens not just for himself but others, etc. Except for the rare young player, that comes with experience and confidence. This team needs a PG, and Jalen right now just isn’t one. It’s his first year playing it. It’s Franks 5th. The shame is that Frank can be a creative passer and sees the court but we don’t have bigs that can catch the ball and immediately go up and flush it. If we did, Franks skills would be even more obvious.

The absence interior offense does put a much larger burden on the SU PG. Passing the ball intp to Chukwo or Sidebe was borderline ridiculous. Even if they happened to catch it there was little chance they would be able to score with it. At least with Dolejaz there was a chance the ball would come back out intelligently.

One of the criticisms I read on here is of Tyus's low Assists number. It's comical. Countless times Tyus was given the ball when there were no other options and when the clock was starting to run down.

Who was he supposed to pass the ball to in that very frequent circumstance? He had to either go to the hoop or shoot. We were out of ideas and time.

The center position would have produced more points if Marek wasn't fouled out. He can actually shoot and pick, roll, catch, score.

Or he can take the ball at the top of the key looking in. This drags one of the opposing teams big guys outside and opens up some lanes. And he is the best passer on the team. If they don't guard him, he can hit a 15ft to 18ft shot. This may hurt our offensive rebounding, but on balance it appears to work well.

At this point I consider Frank as a huge X factor for the balance of the season. If the team continues to play at the level they have the last three games we probably end up on the good side of the bubble as a 9 - 11 seed with a chance to do some damage in the tournament dependent on matchups. If Frank returns to the form he showed pre-injury I think the ceiling raises significantly and we would rise to dark horse Final Four contention.

With an improved defense and four double figure scorers this team becomes what we thought they would be and as much as we'd like improved play from the 5, that almost becomes a luxury. I'll take the 2 point, 15 rebound, 2 block performance that our three headed center provided on Saturday every game.

Agree that Frank is an X factor moving forward. As far as "the level they have played the last three games," I'll just say that it's tough to accurately judge what that is because Ark. State, St Bonnie, and ND are poor teams, and will most likely not be making the tourney this year.

My hope in regards to Frank, is that he plays better than last year moving forward, not just "returning to pre-injury" status. If that's the case, we can then expect inconsistent/roller coaster type games ahead, as that's what he has been for the most part pre-injury, hence, a large part of a 14 loss team last year.

Or he can take the ball at the top of the key looking in. This drags one of the opposing teams big guys outside and opens up some lanes. And he is the best passer on the team. If they don't guard him, he can hit a 15ft to 18ft shot. This may hurt our offensive rebounding, but on balance it appears to work well.
One thing I believe people assume that isn't true is that because Marek is narrow and lean, that he isn't strong. I've know guts of his build that are deceptively strong. I know he can use his weight to lean on big guys, but if he can use his speed and agility, he can be very effective, and draw fouls on those big guys like Zion.

One thing I believe people assume that isn't true is that because Marek is narrow and lean, that he isn't strong. I've know guts of his build that are deceptively strong. I know he can use his weight to lean on big guys, but if he can use his speed and agility, he can be very effective, and draw fouls on those big guys like Zion.

For a guy that is sooo smart in almost every facet of the game, it's very disappointing to see him pick up lots of silly fouls. He slaps at the ball too often. And his fifth foul against ND was just dumb. He tried to reach through two guys to get at a ball. He had zero chanceo f getting it.

I loved the effort. But the foul thing has got to be addressed.

For a guy that is sooo smart in almost every facet of the game, it's very disappointing to see him pick up lots of silly fouls. He slaps at the ball too often. And his fifth foul against ND was just dumb. He tried to reach through two guys to get at a ball. He had zero chanceo f getting it.

I loved the effort. But the foul thing has got to be addressed.
He does get a crazy look in his eyes. Boeheim is going to have to exorcise that right out of him.

Could it be that Dolejaz has habits from International basketball that are going to hurt him in the NCAA game.

I seem to remember being told that fewer fouls are called in International ball and that they allowed a lot more contact.

Am I out of date on that?

Back to Frank. He’s still hurting and not close to 100 percent. I don’t care what anyone says, not even Frank himself. He’s either scared, causing timid play and movement, or not full healed. He has hardly any lateral moment and his quickness is not where it was his first three years. I fear he never reaches close to 100 percent this year. I hope I’m wrong... but I watch every game multiple times and this is my conclusion.

Back to Frank. He’s still hurting and not close to 100 percent. I don’t care what anyone says, not even Frank himself. He’s either scared, causing timid play and movement, or not full healed. He has hardly any lateral moment and his quickness is not where it was his first three years. I fear he never reaches close to 100 percent this year. I hope I’m wrong... but I watch every game multiple times and this is my conclusion.
Theres recovering physically, then there’s recovering mentally. I think hes 95% to fully back physically. Progressing game by game mentally

Theres recovering physically, then there’s recovering mentally. I think hes 95% to fully back physically. Progressing game by game mentally

The medical and psychological knowledge on this board is a source of constant amazement to me. From the comfort of their recliners many of our board denizens are able to diagnose the severity of injuries, the extent of player fatigue and the psychological outlooks of players.

The medical and psychological knowledge on this board is a source of constant amazement to me. From the comfort of their recliners many of our board denizens are able to diagnose the severity of injuries, the extent of player fatigue and the psychological outlooks of players.
I was a doctor once for Halloween, so uh yeah

The absence interior offense does put a much larger burden on the SU PG. Passing the ball intp to Chukwo or Sidebe was borderline ridiculous. Even if they happened to catch it there was little chance they would be able to score with it. At least with Dolejaz there was a chance the ball would come back out intelligently.

One of the criticisms I read on here is of Tyus's low Assists number. It's comical. Countless times Tyus was given the ball when there were no other options and when the clock was starting to run down.

Who was he supposed to pass the ball to in that very frequent circumstance? He had to either go to the hoop or shoot. We were out of ideas and time.

My goodness

There is little to no empathy in a world of narcissists.

There is little to no empathy in a world of narcissists.

This isn't about "empathy".

This is about the opinions of people on medical and psychological conditions based on what they see on their TV. Or based on snippets in the Press which is nothing but rumors.

Why its as silly as suggesting you can diagnosis Narcissism based on message board posts.

My condolences for having to watch our offense multiple times per game.

This isn't about "empathy".

This is about the opinions of people on medical and psychological conditions based on what they see on their TV. Or based on snippets in the Press which is nothing but rumors.

Why its as silly as suggesting you can diagnosis Narcissism based on message board posts.
I know that when someone is sick or injured it is very destabilizing to their emotional state and I have very seldom seen people be able to understand their state. I'm just willing to give Frank, in this circumstance, all the support and time it takes for him to feel sure of things and that he can go full speed. While other people have some mechanical perspective on it. Hey, we put a new tie-rod in, it's ready to go. All injuries heal at different rates for different people for a myriad of reasons. I know that these same critics of Frank, when they are ill or injured. will realize that it is a lot worse when it happens to them, than someone else. That seems like narcissism to me.

I know that when someone is sick or injured it is very destabilizing to their emotional state and I have very seldom seen people be able to understand their state. I'm just willing to give Frank, in this circumstance, all the support and time it takes for him to feel sure of things and that he can go full speed. While other people have some mechanical perspective on it. Hey, we put a new tie-rod in, it's ready to go. All injuries heal at different rates for different people for a myriad of reasons. I know that these same critics of Frank, when they are ill or injured. will realize that it is a lot worse when it happens to them, than someone else. That seems like narcissism to me.

Everything you say may be true. But it may not be. You get that, right?

TrueBlue stated earler that while he felt Frank was 95% physically, he might not be mentally.

You seem to be on that same track. Except you are going further by suggesting that Frank's performance shouldn't be crititicized becuas none of us know whre he is physical or mentally nor does anyone appear to be sufficiently empsthetic with injury effects he MAY be suffering.

This isn't the first time I have read medical and psychological diagnoses from posters with no qualifications and no data to support them.

I usually let them rant on, but occassionally I yeild to the impulse to ask them "How do you know". Because I don't think they do.

Everything you say may be true. But it may not be. You get that, right?

TrueBlue stated earler that while he felt Frank was 95% physically, he might not be mentally.

You seem to be on that same track. Except you are going further by suggesting that Frank's performance shouldn't be crititicized becuas none of us know whre he is physical or mentally nor does anyone appear to be sufficiently empsthetic with injury effects he MAY be suffering.

This isn't the first time I have read medical and psychological diagnoses from posters with no qualifications and no data to support them.

I usually let them rant on, but occassionally I yeild to the impulse to ask them "How do you know". Because I don't think they do.
Well, it comes down to how he is being handled by the staff. I would have to imagine that JB has told him to go slow with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom