Frank... | Syracusefan.com

Frank...

Dcuse

All Conference
After the bad start,I though he played terrific. Great job of penetrating,drawing defenders and setting up Elijah and Oshae for open 3’s. Great point guard play today. Jalen also with his limited time.

Hes still not getting to the hoop like he did last year. Id say hes 75% at best. He can play much better, and think he will. It might take another month.

After the bad start,I though he played terrific. Great job of penetrating,drawing defenders and setting up Elijah and Oshae for open 3’s. Great point guard play today. Jalen also with his limited time.

Well, I wouldn't go so far as calling Frank's game "great" today. I haven't seen the box score, but our assists were not that impressive today, I would bet. I think we only had about 2 or 3 assists in the whole first half. Maybe it got better after that, but I thought it was more a function of more motion on offense and putting players in the post who can make plays with the ball.

Well, I wouldn't go so far as calling Frank's game "great" today. I haven't seen the box score, but our assists were not that impressive today, I would bet. I think we only had about 2 or 3 assists in the whole first half. Maybe it got better after that, but I thought it was more a function of more motion on offense and putting players in the post who can make plays with the ball.

Putting players in the post, usually Brissett, we’ve been doing for several games. It wasn’t a new wrinkle today.

Yeah, G-man said as much during the broadcast, low assist numbers due to a lot of one on one basketball on SU's behalf.

In regards to Frank, I'll just say...beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Putting players in the post, usually Brissett, we’ve been doing for several games. It wasn’t a new wrinkle today.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought there was much more motion today, and I don't recall us actually passing the ball to that spot nearly as much as we did today at all this season.

I'd say hes 75% at best. He can play much better, and think he will. It might take another month.
Totally agree which I think is why his minutes are way down, but that could also be because Carey is doing OK. Frank just doesn't seem to have the "leaping drive" at the basket right now which is probably why we don't see much of it yet. Considering these situations I am very happy with what I see out of him for the time on the court. See nothing but improvement in the next few weeks.

He still doesn’t look healthy to me. His lateral quickness at the top of the zone is not good. Several times he didn’t even try to get out on shooters. And he’s a step slow when he does.

He’s also not shooting it as well as he can.

Right now Carey is a ginormous step up athletically up top.

Need them both, but I’m not sure Frank is going to be 100% at all this year.

I like frank. But he really doesn’t hol on to the ball long. He’s not a quarterback eyeing things up and making a great pass to a cutting teammate. He just rotates the ball around perimeter playing hot potatoe till we run the click down on ourselves for less than great shot. Frank is kind of an invisible point guard. I like frank.

He still doesn’t look healthy to me. His lateral quickness at the top of the zone is not good. Several times he didn’t even try to get out on shooters. And he’s a step slow when he does.

He’s also not shooting it as well as he can.

Need them both, but I’m not sure Frank is going to be 100% at all this year.

That's disappointing to hear. But it what it is.

Can someone enlighten me on the nature of the injury from which Frank is recovering? Seems like it a.) was quite some time ago, and b.) it's more substantial than anyone knew? (I don't live anywhere near Syracuse anymore)

I like frank. But he really doesn’t hol on to the ball long. He’s not a quarterback eyeing things up and making a great pass to a cutting teammate. He just rotates the ball around perimeter playing hot potatoe till we run the click down on ourselves for less than great shot. Frank is kind of an invisible point guard. I like frank.

Well he definitely throws it to Chukwu a lot and Chukwu does nothing with it.

Can someone enlighten me on the nature of the injury from which Frank is recovering? Seems like it a.) was quite some time ago, and b.) it's more substantial than anyone knew? (I don't live anywhere near Syracuse anymore)

I thought it was an upper ankle sprain, but he had surgery, so maybe a stress fracture in his foot? That would be my guess.

Unbelievable. He had at least 5 or 6 dimes taken away by guys who can’t finish underneath and missed open jumpers. A very good point guard game today. Easily his best game. Some very low hoops IQ comments here.
Frank’s entire career has included a tremendous amount of missed assists, dating back to his freshman year. I recall years back saying the same thing because guys either wouldn’t be ready to catch it or would miss. Not every pass leads to a made shot obviously but you hope good passes at least lead to shot attempts. He has plenty of good passes that have not even been shot in his career here.

He sees the court better than anyone and makes plenty of nice passes which often aren’t finished by others. And if you want him to just hold the ball, half the board will get on you for not having ball movement.

I thought it was an upper ankle sprain, but he had surgery, so maybe a stress fracture in his foot? That would be my guess.
I wonder if the procedure that Tua got done @ Andrews could have been helpful?

He sees the court better than anyone and makes plenty of nice passes which often aren’t finished by others. And if you want him to just hold the ball, half the board will get on you for not having ball movement.

I've had the thought that if you liked winning 50-49, Tyler Ennis was your PG. If you'd rather win 89-85, it's Frank. Count me behind door no. 2.

Had surgery for a broken ankle or lower leg.

Just my hunch Matt. No inside info here.

You're probably right, Jake. He has no explosiveness. This might be as good as it gets for Frank. That would suck.

You have to admit that he still does play pretty conservatively, even though we have more depth this year.

I thought he was great too. Nothing highlight film, just the right pass to the right spot all day. Loved his game

He settled the team down several times after ND whittled the lead down in the second half and got the team good offensive possessions, took care of the ball and knocked down a few shots. He is steadily returning to his pre-injury self.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom