Frank | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Frank

I think edelin was a great facilitator. Classic style PG. Something we could use now.
Also knew how to use his frame to back small guards down. See Chris Thomas. Theoretically Frank should be able to do that too but have seen him attempt it

Also knew how to use his frame to back small guards down. See Chris Thomas. Theoretically Frank should be able to do that too but have seen him attempt it
Should say haven't seen him attempt

Ankle injuries linger. I know very few athletes in any sport who are 100% within a year of an ankle injury. Ankles just suck.

That said, he doesn't have any help outside of Battle. The team can't space the court. Hughes is underwhelming. OB is hot garbage most nights. We don't have a scoring Center on the roster. Are they bad because the PG can't get them the ball or is the PG bad because he's working with high school JV backups?

Absolutely. A big guard can be successful as long as they use their body to their advantage. Frank doesn't do that. Of course he also doesn't have the court vision or passing skills needed.

Ankle injuries linger. I know very few athletes in any sport who are 100% within a year of an ankle injury. Ankles just suck.

That said, he doesn't have any help outside of Battle. The team can't space the court. Hughes is underwhelming. OB is hot garbage most nights. We don't have a scoring Center on the roster. Are they bad because the PG can't get them the ball or is the PG bad because he's working with high school JV backups?

I honestly think this team could be dangerous with a good PG. One guy that could penetrate and distribute would be a game changer.

That's insane, come on.

Nah Orangecuse is pretty much right on the $$$. This remembrance of FH as some sort of dynamic playmaker is ludicrous. He had many of the same problems last year that he has this year. It's possible he's somewhat compromised by injury but look at his body language and overall effort on the floor. He looks disinterested Let's face it he's just not very good. This team will improve immediately next year when he is replaced.

He is the only PG I’ve seen in my life who could be described as a ball stopper.

I’ve never seen a PG who consistently picks up his dribble or just stands there with the ball or dribbles east and west so consistently off of a ball screen. Never a hard drive - never an attempt to split the defenders.

It's truly amazing that a guy like JB, who has minimal tolerance for mistakes when it comes to certain players, can sit there and watch this horrific play night after night without going to Plan B. Nuts!

Nah Orangecuse is pretty much right on the $$$. This remembrance of FH as some sort of dynamic playmaker is ludicrous. He had many of the same problems last year that he has this year. It's possible he's somewhat compromised by injury but look at his body language and overall effort on the floor. He looks disinterested Let's face it he's just not very good. This team will improve immediately next year when he is replaced.
There's a lot of real estate between "dynamic playmaker" and what Frank is now, and without the injury Frank is more than he is.

If people are over exaggerating how well he played last season, there are others also exaggerating how similar his game is last season to this season.

Frank's not this bad. He wasn't this bad. If you don't trust your eyes look at the numbers. Here's one that seems to matter - last season he attempted 3.5 ft attempts per game. This season he's at 1.3. He isn't playing as many minutes, but that doesn't account for all of it. What accounts for the rest?

I would take Edelin 10 times out of 10 as long as he didn't go AWOL

Unfortunately, something happened in literally all 4 of his years at Cuse.

Too bad. He was very good. Would’ve been one of our best PG’s of all time if he could’ve played full seasons without any issues.

Still, helped us win it all and that will never be forgotten.

There's a lot of real estate between "dynamic playmaker" and what Frank is now, and without the injury Frank is more than he is.

If people are over exaggerating how well he played last season, there are others also exaggerating how similar his game is last season to this season.

Frank's not this bad. He wasn't this bad. If you don't trust your eyes look at the numbers. Here's one that seems to matter - last season he attempted 3.5 ft attempts per game. This season he's at 1.3. He isn't playing as many minutes, but that doesn't account for all of it. What accounts for the rest?

I'm just tired of the excuses being made for him. His HC says there is nothing wrong with him. He's alaways had a poor handle, is not very quick and has never been able to consistently and effectively penetrate into the lane. Not to mention that a lot of his problems are from the neck up. He lacks serious bball IQ.

The best tell on frank is that he had numerous defenders a month or two ago. That crowd has dwindled to where they could hold a meeting in a phone booth now.

I'm just tired of the excuses being made for him. His HC says there is nothing wrong with him. He's alaways had a poor handle, is not very quick and has never been able to consistently effectively penetrate into the lane. Not to mention that a lot of his problems are from the neck up. He lacks serious bball IQ.
Well, JB says things.

I'm just tired of the excuses being made for him. His HC says there is nothing wrong with him. He's alaways had a poor handle, is not very quick and has never been able to consistently effectively penetrate into the lane. Not to mention that a lot of his problems are from the neck up. He lacks serious bball IQ.

In normal Cuse times, he’s a bench warmer for 2-3 years and a 7th-8th man late in his career.

I am not sure if there are stats for this but In my 30 plus years of watching basketball somewhat passionately I am not sure I have seen a point guard drive to the basket fewer times in a season. I am 53 years old, semi-out of shape and I don't think he could get by me. He doesn't even try and in the off chance he does try, he clanks the ball of the rim and doesn't even come close to the basket. I am bewildered why JB doesn't even give Carey a chance. I do think Frank is good on defense which is also confusing because on defense you need to be quick but maybe his height and length makes up for some of his weaknesses. If Carey is so bad that he can't get more minutes given how bad Franks has been, I shudder to think about next season.

I see we are engaging in hyperbole now. Throw pretty much any of us on this board onto that court, and we'd get run over.

I see we are engaging in hyperbole now. Throw pretty much any of us on this board onto that court, and we'd get run over.

Lol. Frank would blow by the most athletic guy on this board at will.

I recall back in the day seeing Seth Schaeffer from Colgate, who was a spot up shooter who looked slow and unathletic on TV or when watching him play live in D-1 games, throwing down reverse dunks effortlessly when just messing around.

D-1 is a whole different ball game from everyone else, and Syracuse and ACC is as big time D-1 as it gets.

We are not good when Frankie is out of the game. Buddy knows where to be in the zone and can hit some 3s but if he isn't red hot he really isn't helping the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom