Fran's Game 2 Press Conference | Ga Tech | Syracusefan.com

Fran's Game 2 Press Conference | Ga Tech

Was DeLaine hurt before Ohio or during Ohio? He wasn't on the game 1 depth chart I didn't think?

No Ross-Simmons news……….. groan

I believe the kid is capable of more but he was abused and picked on early and often versus Ohio
Not to pick on the guy. but what did he do to win the position?

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I haven’t much cared for the press conferences this week or last week. Nothing too unusual because coaches love speaking in cliches and not actually providing any insight. But, I don’t think I learned anything today outside of Marlow being out 6 weeks and HCFB is related to James Heard.

Not to pick on the guy. but what did he do to win the position?
Not going to dispute he had a bad game Saturday, but McDonald was our 4th leading tackler last year. Maybe rrlbees can chime in on how he graded out last year?

Last edited:
I will watch McDonald closely this week. He was probably affected by the defense change more than any returning player. McDonald played right up on the line last year. He often blitzed or rushed like the fourth defensive lineman. This year Derek is being asked to read the play and help cover a LOT more space than he was responsible for in the previous system. I hope he learns and adjust. McDonald had. 52 PFF which was ahead of Jacquez, Barron and Simmons BTW.

I will watch McDonald closely this week. He was probably affected by the defense change more than any returning player. McDonald played right up on the line last year. He often blitzed or rushed like the fourth defensive lineman. This year Derek is being asked to read the play and help cover a LOT more space than he was responsible for in the previous system. I hope he learns and adjust. McDonald had. 52 PFF which was ahead of Jacquez, Barron and Simmons BTW.
My concern is he doesn’t have the speed to cover that much ground. 52 is almost a failing grade.

My concern is he doesn’t have the speed to cover that much ground. 52 is almost a failing grade.
I agree 100%. He won’t get any faster but he can take better angles and learn to use his hands to get off a block to be more effective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan.Oversl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom