Fraschilla | Syracusefan.com

Fraschilla

Wow...that was quite the professional eulogy he gave for Boeheim with about 2 minutes to go.

It was kindly worded and not at all unfair, but that was pretty depressing.

Seriously, we play with very little fight. It's like the players have already given up. They FEEL over-matched. That's the end of the game, right there. If you feel like you are beaten just looking at the other guys, then you are.

I didn't agree with the "worst front line ever" take (I am old enough to remember Billy Celuck and Damone Brown and...I dunno, Kueth Duany? get manhandled by Tennessee and Kansas and most everyone in between in 2001), but the guy knows basketball and Cuse hoops history and was pretty much right about everything else. He actually sounded sad to be saying it. Though I'm obviously projecting.

Buffalo chuckenn stuffed shells at tomorrow's tailgate. Cures a lot ill wills

Man, that would be the only good thing associated with SU sports this weekend. I am looking forward to this drive like a hole in the head. ETA: 5:00 p.m.

Might try to stop in Hammondsport and catch the first half on TV.

I didn't agree with the "worst front line ever" take (I am old enough to remember Billy Celuck and Damone Brown and...I dunno, Kueth Duany? get manhandled by Tennessee and Kansas and most everyone in between in 2001), but the guy knows basketball and Cuse hoops history and was pretty much right about everything else. He actually sounded sad to be saying it. Though I'm obviously projecting.
That 2000-01 Damone Brown team finished in the Top 25 and would beat this 2019-20 squad by 30.

That 2000-01 Damone Brown team finished in the Top 25 and would beat this 2019-20 squad by 30.
I know these are two of our best teams ever but it’s worth mentioning because some people have forgotten elite talent... our 09-10 and 11-12 teams would absolutely ruin the teams we’ve fielded for 5 years.

This team insn't in the same sentence as the team's from 1975-1991 except for the year before Pearl got here. Those teams were fun to watch before Jimmy decided to play zone and walk the ball up the floor. He has forgotten how to coach.

walked brooklyn last game and gave shout outs to the pizza joints.

I think Celuck and Brown would beat our current front line. Celuck could at least alter shots just standing with his arms over his head and Brown was a better inside scorer (16.4 ppg) and rebounder (8.8 rpg) than anyone in our current front line. We also had a freshman McNeil during Brown's senior year that had strength, bulk, and athleticism, even if he was a foul machine.

Man, that would be the only good thing associated with SU sports this weekend. I am looking forward to this drive like a hole in the head. ETA: 5:00 p.m.

Might try to stop in Hammondsport and catch the first half on TV.

Nothing wrong with that, pick me up some other half would ya

No, I don't think you're projecting. I took it that way, too.

Our whole season rides on the next couple games. We got out-rebounded by 30 by a bubble team. Reminder: they only had 2 big men, not 4 of them like some ACC teams have.

We have to beat Iowa, and Georgetown on the road. I don't know if we can beat Georgia Tech on the road right now. We have to win 2 of these next 3 games, or this team is looking at like 10 wins this year.

No, I don't think you're projecting. I took it that way, too.

Our whole season rides on the next couple games. We got out-rebounded by 30 by a bubble team.

We have to beat Iowa, and Georgetown on the road. I don't know if we can beat Georgia Tech on the road right now. We have to win 2 of these next 3 games, or this team is looking at like 10 wins this year.
10 *obscenity* wins? So this is what it looks like without GMac his senior year?

10 *obscenity* wins? So this is what it looks like without GMac his senior year?

That was a way better team. The year after GMac, we still had Mookie Watkins and Terrence Roberts - even with bad knees by that point - who were pretty effective defensively. They had Nichols at the SF and a bench full of good young players including Devo, Andy, Arinze, Paul Harris and Josh Wright. A couple of them got hurt, but that team was way more talented than the past several years.

That was a way better team. The year after GMac, we still had Mookie Watkins and Terrence Roberts - even with bad knees by that point - who were pretty effective defensively. They had Nichols at the SF and a bench full of good young players including Devo, Andy, Arinze, Paul Harris and Josh Wright. A couple of them got hurt, but that team was way more talented than the past several years.
Sorry, I should have used my joke font.

This team could use Kueth Duany and Damone Brown. Both would start. But yeah, otherwise its a hard truth.

Last edited:
This team could use Kueth Duany and Damone Brown. Both would start.

That's not the question, the question is, could they both start at ANY of the 5 positions on the floor and be better than what we have now? :) j/k Hughes could hold down his spot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom