Free Baloney Sandwiches 4 Life | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Free Baloney Sandwiches 4 Life

I'm all for a new coach if we don't go bowling, but are we sure we were that disciplined under Marrone?

PenaltiesYards
2020​
7.1​
67.3​
2019​
8.9​
73.9​
2018​
7.2​
59.1​
2017​
6.2​
49.4​
2016​
8.0​
60.8​
2012​
7.8​
68.2​
2011​
6.6​
62.8​
2010​
7.2​
59.3​
2009​
6.1​
51.2​
Majority under Marrone we're Michael Hay or Andrew Tiller

The penalties make more sense when you’re playing equal or better talent. They still suck but at least you can see why it might happen.

This many penalties against Albany in game 3 is just ridiculous.

This.

It would be one thing if we were scratching and clawing (and holding, facemasking, etc) against a top 20 team we were struggling to compete with...

Against Albany in a blowout, seemed like we just didn't give an F.

Either way, another black eye for Babers and crew... What should be a confidence-building bounce-back win against a lesser opponent and Tucker Show Part II, has us asking instead WTH are they doing in practice to set a program-record penalty yardage tally against Albany??

Last edited:
Reactions: FAL
Yeah, folks, I hate to tell you this, but Douglas oversaw teams that got flagged a lot for dumb things, and he also made a lot of questionable decisions to punt.

It's football, everyone does at some point. Gotta be good enough where it's not a killer when it happens.

I don't disagree with that.

The conversation swayed to how Saint Dougie wouldn't let his team get flagged a bunch.

We saw his teams here though.

They got flagged a bunch.

Yeah, I mean, Tom Coughlin had his whole schtick and the Giants got tons of them, Joe Judge (ugh) its just part of it...

No way St. Doug entertains a Syracuse offer. He's living the high life riding on Saban's coattails coaching the top OL recruits in the country.

I don't disagree with that.

The conversation swayed to how Saint Dougie wouldn't let his team get flagged a bunch.

We saw his teams here though.

They got flagged a bunch.

He wasn't perfect... And as someone else pointed out, Michael Hay personally accounted for a big chunk of it (I think Dougie wanted to guillotine him at times, lol.)

"Here’s what happened,” Marrone said. “First, we teach him to finish the play, OK? But they warned him twice. They came over to me and said, ‘Coach, No. 74 has been warned. If any of lineman comes close now we’re going to call it. So I run down and talk to the line, tell them they’ve been warned twice and now it’s time to be smart. They tell me, ‘No problem, Coach.’”

A few minutes later the flags flew and there was a big problem. As play was halted to announce the penalty and tend to an injured Rutgers player, Marrone went onto the field to summon his wayward student. The coach explained the error of the Hay’s ways in a manner that left no room for interpretation, made him sit in timeout by himself at the end of the bench and returned momentarily from the sideline to reinforce the lesson. A long detention appeared to be forthcoming..."
9053286-large.jpeg

Didn’t he put their names on there himself?

The penalties make more sense when you’re playing equal or better talent. They still suck but at least you can see why it might happen.

This many penalties against Albany in game 3 is just ridiculous.

It’s because we were playing a vanilla offense. Oh and there was Covid last year.

I would quit my job and become a Juggalo clown for consistent 8 win funny.

Oh…. I’m not that naive. I just mean 1 8 win season at some point. There’ll be a mix of 4-6 win seasons too.

I remember Marrone calling time out on third and very long quite a few times. That always struck me as ridiculous overthinking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom