free throws at end of game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

free throws at end of game

I agree. Buy obviously JB doesn't since Buss is playing late minutes over Joseph in every game. I like Buss as a bench role player. Not sure what he brings to the table in late game situations that Joseph does not.
I had assumed that Joseph's problem was mostly on the defensive end. But, in his press conference last night, JB specifically mentioned Joseph's offense, saying that Joseph was doing little to initiate offense--basically going East-West when he should be attacking the defense.

I really think the only criticism is the lack of off/def switching with Joseph and Patterson. It's clear that Patterson is a better defender, but with time-outs and stoppages, I'd try and switch these two back and forth to get Kaleb's handle and better FT shooting.

I know JB wasn't the first to do this but it was rare. When he began doing it I thought it was crazy. But it has gained acceptance over the years probably in part because of JB. It's not all that uncommon now.

UNC had guys at the line the entire last few min last night. And prob shot 8-10 ft's.

And i think made them all. I know that putting guys at the line isn't going to overnight take our ft percentage late in games to whatever the anemic number is now to 100% - but we are looking for an improvement. I honestly believe that the players will feel much more comfortable with teammates in the vicinity and in turn that percentages will increase. People can criticize me all they want for that.

CusefanATL said:
UNC had guys at the line the entire last few min last night. And prob shot 8-10 ft's. And i think made them all. I know that putting guys at the line isn't going to overnight take our ft percentage late in games to whatever the anemic number is now to 100% - but we are looking for an improvement. I honestly believe that the players will feel much more comfortable with teammates in the vicinity and in turn that percentages will increase. People can criticize me all they want for that.

Sounds like a job for Nate Silver's geek squad.

This is on Boeheim. Now this isn't me just wanting to critique Boeheim for just anyhitng or question the zone or question his actual game coaching. This is seriously questioning his mental coaching. My guess is Boeheim would be the last coach in America to listen to sports psychiatrist.

He needs to stop with the take the guys off the blocks in late game crunch time fts. Players need to see "normal". they need to see 2 guys literally just standing there. It also makes it less intimidating that 1 on 4. Its just natural brain tendencies.

I understand the fouling situation. Thats a once in a blue moon thing at worst. But all you have to do is "coach" the players to not contest the rebound in any way. Just be there to act as a comfort for the shooter.

And for the love of God, if Boeheim publicly chastises Bus again today Im going to lose my mind. Free throws are mental. Chastising - especially publicly never helps. He needs to be comforted right now, like every other coach would do. No one publicly chastised scott norwood or gary anderson or dejaun wagner.

Hater.

UNC had guys at the line the entire last few min last night. And prob shot 8-10 ft's.

And i think made them all. I know that putting guys at the line isn't going to overnight take our ft percentage late in games to whatever the anemic number is now to 100% - but we are looking for an improvement. I honestly believe that the players will feel much more comfortable with teammates in the vicinity and in turn that percentages will increase. People can criticize me all they want for that.

I'm with you by the way. I say at least have one of the guards on the line. The shooter can blaze back with any guard after an outlet pass and the rest of the front line will be set on D. And I believe I remember GMac doing it a couple times and actually stealing a rebound. That's better than having no one up ther.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom