Free Throws Matter | Syracusefan.com

Free Throws Matter

Horrific shooting including missing front ends of one and one

If Dolejaz makes both of those FT’s late, tied game. Instead, he missed the first, we’re still down two, and then UB hits a killer three pointer.

That’s when the game was over. Five point swing.

20 missed in the last 2 games, never mind the front end of 1 and 1s.

I could buy that in the Rony / Stevie era, but not these guys.

This is where pace makes a difference. When poor FT shooting was a Syracuse hallmark in the 1980s, we made up for it with 15-20 more possessions a game.

Brissett 0-3? Again, how can that be? After the last 2 games he is listed STILL at .656! Shoot the 70% he went into the last 2 games and the out come could have been very very different.

careful what you wish for . when i told santa i wanted a return of SU 80'S style basketball i meant an uptempo fast break offense...not the free throw shooting. DOH!

careful what you wish for . when i told santa i wanted a return of SU 80'S style basketball i meant an uptempo fast break offense...not the free throw shooting. DOH!
So it's all your fault?

What's Hal Cohen up to these days? JB likes alumni assistant coaches.

If Dolejaz makes both of those FT’s late, tied game. Instead, he missed the first, we’re still down two, and then UB hits a killer three pointer.

That’s when the game was over. Five point swing.

That, or Hughes's weak drive into the lane, followed by his awful flop/block/and-one. Or maybe I'm mixing up the sequence? But I'm pretty sure there was another five-point swing that involved his lame flop after a bad play on offense.

Missed FT were bad .. but defensive rebounding is an endemic issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom