Friday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Friday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan

Poliquin: Scott Shafer is like ol' Ben, huh? Well, maybe. But he'll have to work on his face.

Read the transcript from Thursday's live chat about Syracuse football

Syracuse unranked in USA Today preseason coaches poll, but three opponents are

Tracing the origin of the phrase "hard-nosed" with dogs, rhinos, bullets and surgeons

Syracuse football 13 in 2013 countdown: Who will be this year's breakout star?

Syracuse looks forward to playing in ACC

13179546-mmmain.jpg

Syracuse football preseason camp primer: Linebackers looking to add to experienced unit

Unranked in Coaches' Poll, Syracuse faces 3 in Top 25

NCAA News

Meaningful penalties align with significance of wrongdoing

Changes to NCAA enforcement model kick in, holding head coaches more accountable

Former Players

g12c000000000000000c024c5da6e7f945f398d48de5ad6acf93d3a3d98.jpg

Green Bay Packers linebacker Dave Robinson in 1970.

IMAGINING JIM BROWN, ERNIE DAVIS TOGETHER

Dave Robinson’s first great thrill as a Green Bay Packer was tackling Jim Brown.

He imagines what it might have been like facing Brown’s team, Cleveland, had it also included Ernie Davis.

Davis, the No. 1 overall pick of the 1962 NFL draft, joined the Browns in what was going to be an incredible duo of running backs from Syracuse. Brown, the perennial NFL rushing champ, had been with Cleveland since 1957.

“I had played against Ernie in college,” Robinson says — Davis led Syracuse to a 21-15 win over Robinson’s Penn State team in 1960. “I tell you, Ernie was awesome. I would hate to have played against Ernie and Jim on the same day.”

Davis took ill with leukemia and never played a game for the Browns. He died on May 18, 1963. Robinson first faced Brown on Jan. 5, 1964.
From

Poliquin: Syracuse football, Doug Marrone and Donovan McNabb are part of today's 'Bud & Brent Show'

Former Staff

Pasqualoni Understands 'Urgency' in 2013 Season

OOC Opponents

Captain Greeny

Also Miami case now 2 years old
State Penn celebrating

Transfer Department

Running back Michael Dyer is headed to Louisville

Blogs

Somehow, Syracuse Left Out Of Preseason USA Today Coaches Poll

2013 ACC Football: Analyzing the Syracuse Orange Schedule

A Season Opener To Remember?

Poliquin: Scott Shafer is like ol' Ben, huh? Well, maybe. But he'll have to work on his face.

Read the transcript from Thursday's live chat about Syracuse football

Syracuse unranked in USA Today preseason coaches poll, but three opponents are

Tracing the origin of the phrase "hard-nosed" with dogs, rhinos, bullets and surgeons

Syracuse football 13 in 2013 countdown: Who will be this year's breakout star?

Syracuse looks forward to playing in ACC

13179546-mmmain.jpg

Syracuse football preseason camp primer: Linebackers looking to add to experienced unit

Unranked in Coaches' Poll, Syracuse faces 3 in Top 25

NCAA News

Meaningful penalties align with significance of wrongdoing

Changes to NCAA enforcement model kick in, holding head coaches more accountable

Former Players

g12c000000000000000c024c5da6e7f945f398d48de5ad6acf93d3a3d98.jpg

Green Bay Packers linebacker Dave Robinson in 1970.

IMAGINING JIM BROWN, ERNIE DAVIS TOGETHER

Dave Robinson’s first great thrill as a Green Bay Packer was tackling Jim Brown.

He imagines what it might have been like facing Brown’s team, Cleveland, had it also included Ernie Davis.

Davis, the No. 1 overall pick of the 1962 NFL draft, joined the Browns in what was going to be an incredible duo of running backs from Syracuse. Brown, the perennial NFL rushing champ, had been with Cleveland since 1957.

“I had played against Ernie in college,” Robinson says — Davis led Syracuse to a 21-15 win over Robinson’s Penn State team in 1960. “I tell you, Ernie was awesome. I would hate to have played against Ernie and Jim on the same day.”

Davis took ill with leukemia and never played a game for the Browns. He died on May 18, 1963. Robinson first faced Brown on Jan. 5, 1964.
From

Poliquin: Syracuse football, Doug Marrone and Donovan McNabb are part of today's 'Bud & Brent Show'

Former Staff

Pasqualoni Understands 'Urgency' in 2013 Season

OOC Opponents

Captain Greeny

Also Miami case now 2 years old
State Penn celebrating

Transfer Department

Running back Michael Dyer is headed to Louisville

Blogs

Somehow, Syracuse Left Out Of Preseason USA Today Coaches Poll
Whoa. OE at the top of his game. Solid.

Yeah baby. Now I know our side will win.

Love having the articles in one place again. Thanks, Eyes!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom