Friday Night Pandemic Drinking and Music Jam | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Friday Night Pandemic Drinking and Music Jam

How‘d you get the Foam? My wife picked up 3 doubles today for my birthday tomorrow
My local place gets a rare shipment. Not sure on the source, as I don’t think they distribute, though they now direct ship. Just not to New York :(

Reminds me of Nat King Cole who is my favorite male singer.

Toronto musician. Saw him in a performance of Saroyan's The Time of Your Life back in '07 (a friend was in the cast). He was literally playing the part of the piano player in a honky tonk bar. We've been fans of his music ever since.

Last edited:
I have neglected terribly the thread that I started and intended to start a Friday night tradition. Well, what do we want the vibe to be this Friday night? I am currently feeling mellow. Chris Klafford's version of Imagine and Teddy Swims. Let's make a playlist. I really want to know what inspires others.

Shindell often does this song with Lucy Kaplansky singing harmony. But I like this version as Larry Campbell is a kick ass guitar player.

Ok, so please indulge me. I was working and listening to some music and my daughters were near my desk, so I unplugged my headphones and let them hear what I was listening to. I believe it was Tesla "Love Song". I told them that I saw Tesla open for David Lee Roth in Utica back in the 1980's. My 17 year old seemed semi interested. The 14 year old came closer. So, we shared our musical interests. I would play a song and then she would tell me one she liked and I would play it. Some were old. I was so happy. This is one that I played for her, that she enjoyed. I told her that Joni Mitchell had an amazing voice (before smoking changed it, not worse, just different) and she is one of the best songwriters of all time. My daughter then shared that she writes songs. She sent me one. It was amazing. I may have shared that story previously, and I apologize if I have, but I will never forget that 2 or so hours with my baby girl. Anyway, here is Joni Mitchell (this video will forever be Ava's song to me).