Friday Rooting Guide | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Friday Rooting Guide

You want to be included in that prediction of people you mocked a day or so ago. ;) It's part of being a fan, Trueblue. You're showing you deserve the screen name! You gotta lose to know how to win.
I am those people I mocked Captain. It hurts

Don't know if anyone listened to this... from Andy Katz and the committee head:
no mention of SU, so that might not be good. Said Notre Dame was actively being discussed as is Utah, and Oklahoma State. That didn't give me the warm and fuzzies...

Its not worth the anxiety and angst trying to figure out whats going to happen, SU isn't getting in. We got one break from the committe in the history of Syracuse bball and that was in 2016. Anyone expecting SU to catch another break or get the benefit of the doubt anytime soon save for JB's final year if he announces it beforehand is going to be very dissapointed. I just wish we would turn down the NIT so embarrasing and useless.

Don't know if anyone listened to this... from Andy Katz and the committee head:
no mention of SU, so that might not be good. Said Notre Dame was actively being discussed as is Utah, and Oklahoma State. That didn't give me the warm and fuzzies...

al the teams mentioned played yesterday we didnt

Its not worth the anxiety and angst trying to figure out whats going to happen, SU isn't getting in. We got one break from the committe in the history of Syracuse bball and that was in 2016. Anyone expecting SU to catch another break or get the benefit of the doubt anytime soon save for JB's final year if he announces it beforehand is going to be very dissapointed. I just wish we would turn down the NIT so embarrasing and useless.
We didn't get a break we deserved it..this year would be a break those clowns owe us one.

Alright everyone, I've been busy scrubbing my brackets and starting over. Here is my brand new update!
TCW Bracketology

Let me know what you think!

P.S. I'm thinking we have a real shot, after going over everything again...
Michigan should be a 3 imo

Alright everyone, I've been busy scrubbing my brackets and starting over. Here is my brand new update!
TCW Bracketology

What makes you think Luhville and ND are that far down?

I agree with you but it's still fun for me so DON'T RUIN MY FUN.

TCW Bracketology

im in the process of scrubbing mine as well, i have put 24 at larges safely in the field am just starting the bubble

FWIW on Palm's latest he somehow has Marquette ahead of us where as yesterday and this morning they were first four out... hmmmmmm

FWIW on Palm's latest he somehow has Marquette ahead of us where as yesterday and this morning they were first four out... hmmmmmm
Kind of strange. I'm hoping it comes down to 2 teams for 1 spot and it's us vs Ville. Then we have that head to head at their place. I have us at about a 25% chance. He has USC as last 4 out and they will make it after they win today.

ok my scrubbing is done.

Current last 4 In:
Usc
Oklahoma State
Syracuse
Marquette

First 6 out:
Arizona State
Middle Tennessee
Louisville
Notre Dame
St Marys
Baylor

ok my scrubbing is done.

Current last 4 In:
Usc
Oklahoma State
Syracuse
Marquette

First 6 out:
Arizona State
Middle Tennessee
Louisville
Notre Dame
St Marys
Baylor
Marquette was so tricky for me.

ok my scrubbing is done.

Current last 4 In:
Usc
Oklahoma State
Syracuse
Marquette

First 6 out:
Arizona State
Middle Tennessee
Louisville
Notre Dame
St Marys
Baylor
Good to see Old Dominion lose today. That will bump Middle Tennessee's Quad 1 wins from 3 to 2.

Who to root for today (important ones (imo) in bold)...

12:00 NBCSN: Rhode Island over VCU
1:00 ESPN: Auburn over Alabama

1:30 CBSSN: Marshall over Southern Miss - This makes MTSU's loss keep looking bad
4:00 CBSSN: Western Kentucky over Old Dominion - This would knock Old Dominion out of the Top 75 RPI and MTSU's Quad 1 win total goes from 3 to 2
6:00 NBCSN: Richmond over Saint Bonaventure - If Rhode Island beats VCU. I still don't consider Bonnies a lock
6:30 FS1: Xavier over Providence
6:30 CBSSN: Buffalo over Kent State

7:00 ESPN2: Kansas over Kansas State
7:00 ESPN: Clemson over Virginia
7:00 SECN: Tennessee over Mississippi State
9:00 CBSN: Nevada over San Diego State
9:00 PAC12N: Arizona over UCLA

11:30 PAC12N: Oregon over USC

Some interesting points on MTSU.

I strongly disagree with wanting St. Bonaventure to lose at this point. I think they are more valuable to us protecting the A-10 from an outsider. I don't want to put it all on Rhode Island.

All SEC teams are disgusting. They are No. 4 conference this year but for some reason, the media wants SEC to send 9 or 10 teams to the big dance.

The numbers spit out by the RPI, wants the SEC to get 9 or 10 teams in. I don't think it's necessarily the media, just a poor model giving out poor data.

I strongly disagree with wanting St. Bonaventure to lose at this point. I think they are more valuable to us protecting the A-10 from an outsider. I don't want to put it all on Rhode Island.
Yeah I can definitely see that. I just think losing to 12-19 Richmond could have a devastating effect on their resume considering what it already looks like (despite the bracketologists who suggest they're a lock). I guess I'll just watch and see what happens in the 2nd half.

The numbers spit out by the RPI, wants the SEC to get 9 or 10 teams in. I don't think it's necessarily the media, just a poor model giving out poor data.

True and that's why we need people in that room that can actually tell when a conference rpi is grossly inflated. I feel when push comes to shove and its a tosss up, its far too easy to just say well they all have high RPI's so will go with that. Too many examples of that in the past.

It's been a crazy day keeping up with everything, between this and the epic amount of NFL moves, as well as regular real life stuff. I appreciate Tom. ON, and all else who contribute to these!

Richmond just won’t quite go away, but Bonnie’s look like they will win.