friggin uconn | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

friggin uconn

For chrissakes, they won an 8-9 game against a middling PAC 12 team!
Can we at least see how they play against Kansas b4 we let our paranoia get the best of us?

For chrissakes, they won an 8-9 game against a middling PAC 12 team!
Can we at least see how they play against Kansas b4 we let our paranoia get the best of us?

Who's posting paranoia? I think people are just saying their not some irrelivent mid major that others have predicted.

two3zone said:
Who's posting paranoia? I think people are just saying their not some irrelivent mid major that others have predicted.

They are not irrelevant. But they are by definition mid-major. And in basketball, you can still win from a lesser conference. In football they are doomed (the reason they are not in a big boy conference).

A bit misleading. No real headliner. I would bet the under on that program if they don't get to the P-5

Of course it's misleading, it's Uconn.

Next people will be praising Pitt and saying we should fire Hop and get Dixon as our next coach. Oh wait...

Just not possible. Dixon is a douche. Kevin Ollie has some class and gets the job done.

Suuuuuuuure

a-husky-in-sheeps-clothing.jpg

lgo3.jpg

Tough choice?

They followed it up with a top 10 recruiting class, what's that a sign of?
How about the SU recruiting class--Gatorade player of the year in New Jersey, Gatorade player of the year in Connecticut (!). Plus a 7-footer with a year in the program.

How about the SU recruiting class--Gatorade player of the year in New Jersey, Gatorade player of the year in Connecticut (!). Plus a 7-footer with a year in the program.

I love our recruiting class and think we have a contender next year. I didn't realize my point that Uconn has a good class coming in means that SU has a bad one. I didn't realize that calling Uconn relevant means Syracuse isn't. I didn't realize that anything I said about Uconn had any baring at all on Syracuse. The closed mindedness around here is pitifully humorous.

Relax they just played a fake 8 seed, from the fake 12. Kansas wins by at least 20.

CorduroyG said:
kansas will be the first 1 seed to lose to a 16, giving uconn a free pass to the sweet 16

No, that'll be UNC.

I love our recruiting class and think we have a contender next year. I didn't realize my point that Uconn has a good class coming in means that SU has a bad one. I didn't realize that calling Uconn relevant means Syracuse isn't. I didn't realize that anything I said about Uconn had any baring at all on Syracuse. The closed mindedness around here is pitifully humorous.
I didn't realize I said any of those things.

I just went off on a (positive) tangent.

I didn't realize I said any of those things.

I just went off on a (positive) tangent.

Guess I didn't see the relevance to my post for the response it received.

They are not irrelevant. But they are by definition mid-major. And in basketball, you can still win from a lesser conference. In football they are doomed (the reason they are not in a big boy conference).

This is all true. They are optimizing what they can do with Ollie right now. I can't knock them as a program they have 4 titles. But their fans know very well they need to get into a major conference to keep it up. If Ollie left that program would be in big, big trouble.

doc05 said:
This is all true. They are optimizing what they can do with Ollie right now. I can't knock them as a program they have 4 titles. But their fans know very well they need to get into a major conference to keep it up. If Ollie left that program would be in big, big trouble.

Thats what everyone said when calhoun left. And when they joined the aac.

My point is can we wait till they stink for a few years in a row and become irrelevant like everyone here is predicting before we bury them? Its not like we've been on some great run since joining the acc.

Thats what everyone said when calhoun left. And when they joined the aac.

My point is can we wait till they stink for a few years in a row and become irrelevant like everyone here is predicting before we bury them? Its not like we've been on some great run since joining the acc.

They've had more success than us in the AAC than we've had in the ACC. While that may not be true for long it could be that way for a long time depending how much one values a national championship.

Re-read the first four posts in this thread. If you don't sense an undercurrent of dread and paranoia in those, then I don't what to tell you. Having said, that the rest of the thread definitely calms down thereafter.
FTR, I am not in the camp that thinks they are hurtling toward irrelevancy either. At least not as long as they can keep Ollie. I just don't understand how some people are on the verge of crowning them champions after they win one game.

It helps when the coach offers everybody ranked in the top 100 and doesn't mind finding talent outside of the northeast.

Maybe Boeheim could learn something from young Kevin. ;)

How much better has the SU football team been doing? Enough to brag? Seriously, we're talking hoops here, people!!

But it's cool to bash our own.

That's not cool either. I've openly opposed both and have plenty of posts to prove it. This isnt mutually exclusive stuff here.

Is gatorade the best judge of talent these days?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom