From A Duke Alum | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

From A Duke Alum

ce46c062ce32a3aa94b565326bfd5298_normal.jpeg
Duke Athletics (@Duke_ATHLETICS)
1/31/14, 7:07 PM
RT @DukeRadio: Blue Devils arrive at the dome for Friday night shoot-around in preparation for showdown vs Syracuse. pic.twitter.com/lwHIcpTXyE

Download the official Twitter app here

Sent from my iPad

Thanks.

Of course.

I often thought he regretted saying those words. He was trying to be funny.

But being on the floor of the Dome when his team came on to the floor and meeting that tsunami of boos couldn't have been any fun

If I was a visiting coach and had two options - get booed like JT did every time, or get ignored like the coaches of the early season cupcakes - I'd pray to get booed every time.

If I was a visiting coach and had two options - get booed like JT did every time, or get ignored like the coaches of the early season cupcakes - I'd pray to get booed every time.

I don't think that was the choice offered to JT. It was between being disliked and being hated.

I'm a Duke alum -- better say that since you'll seem to have better opinions of Duke fans if they're alums. I've been reading this board for a few weeks now. It has to be one of the most mature and sophisticated college BB message boards around. I want to say how happy I am to have Syracuse in the ACC. You're a great addition. Duke fans will continue to consider our "friends" from 8 miles down the road our greatest rivals but our games with Syracuse are going to be epic. Apart from your games with Duke, I wish you luck. Hope to see a lot of Syracuse fans at the ACC Tournament and again at the Final Four.

By the way, please beat up on Maryland and don't ever schedule them again after this season -- in any sport.

Very nice post - thanks. I think we are going to have epic battles in a wide range of sports boys men and women.

We are a warmhearted crowd and have been working hard to make sure your visit here is a safe one.

BfU7vcrIgAAV-P1.jpg
BfU7vcrIgAAV-P1.jpg

Some would say that we aren't very mature or sophisticated, but we are a cool bunch, and we like to have fun. If you're not into fun exit now. ;)

:cool:

I don't think that was the choice offered to JT. It was between being disliked and being hated.
John Thompson made the choice when he said he officially closed Manley Field House. Once he said that there was no going back to dislike.
That, and before you feel the need to give him the benefit of the doubt, don't forget the "kiss them goodbye" from last season. He knows what he is saying and probably doesn't regret it.
Oh, its 8:49,...AND GEORGETOWN STILL SUCKS!!!

I'm a Duke alum -- better say that since you'll seem to have better opinions of Duke fans if they're alums. I've been reading this board for a few weeks now. It has to be one of the most mature and sophisticated college BB message boards around. I want to say how happy I am to have Syracuse in the ACC. You're a great addition. Duke fans will continue to consider our "friends" from 8 miles down the road our greatest rivals but our games with Syracuse are going to be epic. Apart from your games with Duke, I wish you luck. Hope to see a lot of Syracuse fans at the ACC Tournament and again at the Final Four.

By the way, please beat up on Maryland and don't ever schedule them again after this season -- in any sport.
Aha so your "UConn" is Maryland...

I assure you that Duke isn't going to schedule U.Conn in anything other than women's basketball and that will end after Geno retires. U.Conn's litigation and general obnoxiousness at the time BC and Va.Tech joined the ACC left lasting memories. U.Conn might be in the ACC now but for that.
And they elected the guy that pushed the litigation Senator. There's the Northeast we live in. Keep getting screwed by 'em and keep keeping in office.

We'll see if a rivalry of any sort develops. Anyone with a brain knows we won't become the new UNC anytime soon..

Why insult the fella? He came here in peace and made a nice post.

Why insult the fella? He came here in peace and made a nice post.

I was agreeing with him.

He said no school would replace UNC as Duke's rival. I said no one with a brain thought that was true.

The person that should be upset would be the one that suggested to a Duke fan that SU would become their rival.

John Thompson made the choice when he said he officially closed Manley Field House. Once he said that there was no going back to dislike.
That, and before you feel the need to give him the benefit of the doubt, don't forget the "kiss them goodbye" from last season. He knows what he is saying and probably doesn't regret it.
Oh, its 8:49,...AND GEORGETOWN STILL SUCKS!!!

I thought that JT Jr's "Kiss them goodbye" was an attempt to re-stoke the rivalry so we would continue to schedule them. He was, IMO, trying to incense the SU fan base so that we would demand to keep playing them.

The great threat to GU is that they be increasingly seen ass a mid-major,

JT is a master manipulator.

I thought that JT Jr's "Kiss them goodbye" was an attempt to re-stoke the rivalry so we would continue to schedule them. He was, IMO, trying to incense the SU fan base so that we would demand to keep playing them.

I hate Georgetown to the point that I hope they do become a mid-major and are no longer relevant in college basketball.

It doesn't help any matters that they suck. They are 3-6 in the Big East and 11-9 overall. I think mid-major has already smacked them in the face!

I was agreeing with him.

He said no school would replace UNC as Duke's rival. I said no one with a brain thought that was true.

The person that should be upset would be the one that suggested to a Duke fan that SU would become their rival.

Ok. I misread your post. Sorry.

We'll see if a rivalry of any sort develops. Anyone with a brain knows we won't become the new UNC anytime soon.

Syracuse doesn't form "rivalries" all that quickly.

You may be wrong.

You may be wrong.

Takes two to tango, jvb01

Maryland played Duke for decades and Duke never admitted to caring.

Watch for the same attitude towards SU.

We are on hiatus this year, but Louisville has all the potential of being our primary rival in the ACC.

Takes two to tango, jvb01

Maryland played Duke for decades and Duke never admitted to caring.

Watch for the same attitude towards SU.

Yeah, I'm with you here. UMD was rough on Duke and won a title in that stretch and Duke never seemed to care that much.

We are on hiatus this year, but Louisville has all the potential of being our primary rival in the ACC.
Can't wait for Louisville to join us, then Duke , and North Carolina will have yearly competition for the top 2 spots in the league. Pittsburgh will probably be knocking on the door most years. Hopefully sometime in the future we can have an ACC final four, the old Big East almost did it in 1985 with 3 teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom