From ACC Sports Twitter... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

From ACC Sports Twitter...

Harrison Ford was too old to play Ryan and to this day it is one of my biggest book/movie pet peeves.

Harrison Ford was too old to play Ryan and to this day it is one of my biggest book/movie pet peeves.

My newest is Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher. Terrible casting.

From a Syracuse standpoint I am a bit concerned we are giving up an opportunity to hit the open market as far as a TV contract is concerned in joining the ACC with an undervalued contract whose major players all seem to be on the move. Unless a GOR is established this has been a bad business decision by Big East members that have come in to prop up the ACC. I am not saying staying in the Big East was the answer but the ACC contract is bad and the Big East is giving up new contract possibilities and MSG to join a sinking ship in the south.

I would gather the troops and make a power play in the north. ESPN needs to pony up, a GOR needs to be established, and the ACC tournament needs to come to NYC every other year. If not the ACC either loses its football championship or is disbanded altogether as everyone leaves for greener pastures. At the end of the day the north stands pat and picks up leftovers like Wake Forest or Duke on our terms.

The NBE with Cuse and Pitt in tow could get ACC money right now on the open market. Im not saying being in the ACC is bad but we need a commitment from Clemson, FSU, etc or we are essentially joining the Big East under an undervalued contract with a lessor basketball tournament.

Not to hijack the thread, but AGREE. Reacher is supposed to be 6'4". Tom Cruise is lucky if he's 5'6".

Looking at another angle, Navy fills the opening in the ACC Lax league too.

Navy may not be a national powerhouse on the athletic field, but they serve many needs in this equation: giving ND another natural rival to count as a conference game, giving the ACC another solid foothold in MD, bringing another top flight Lax program to the ACC...and just bringing the prestige of a service academy. There are Navy grads all over the place, and they all have TV's too. I think the ACC could be the first conference to sell a TV package to the government so that every ship at sea can watch their team. :)

Not the worst idea, but is LVille enough to make FSU and Clem happy or does UConn and Navy just piss them off all the more?
My question exactly. Unless LV is there for FSU, UConn is there for UNC, and Navy is there for ND.

My paranoid side: ND says "Look, make Navy a member and we're keeping the same arrangement (5 ACC games) or we are going to the Big 10 or 12."

My Orange side: ND is coming to the ACC fulltime and adding Navy plus Texas.

Awful. "Hey the guy in the book is 6'5", why don't we cast Tom Cruise?"

Also in this boat are both Morgan Freeman and Tyler Perry as Alex Cross. The only guy that should play him is Denzel.

No offense meant, but Ugh to Navy.

If those 3 are invited, we are back in the BE. Out of the frying pan, into the frying pan. Oh Lord

I think you should ask around. Navy has more respect both in football quality in Maryland but national prestige as well. Somebody here recommended Navy and GTown, and the more I think about it, the more I warm up to it. Both have more respect collegiately in their respective sports and definitely just as good academically.

Would the First Amendment allow Notre Dame and Navy to play in the same conference?

What if Navy gets really good, and they have to play in the ACCGC the same weekend they play Army? :eek:

Also could be another reason why Maryland was begging to leave, they saw this writing on the wall.

My paranoid side: ND says "Look, make Navy a member and we're keeping the same arrangement (5 ACC games) or we are going to the Big 10 or 12."

I think this is the case. ND isn't giving up their independence...EVER. I don't see how adding Navy will convince them to join. In fact, I think it emboldens them to remain independent.

ACC could be thinking that adding Navy as a FB only member makes up for the fact that ND plays all ACC sports but football. Add the two together and you get one team. Let's hear it for the double hybrid.

Seems to me like Navy would be a football only member, accepting ND isn't coming on full time anytime soon. The idea being you take UConn and LVill, then Navy for football only, and you're balanced at 16 across the board plus have the DC market back. Not the worst idea, but is LVille enough to make FSU and Clem happy or does UConn and Navy just piss them off all the more?
This makes sense to me. Might let them play lacrosse too (they tried for years to get Syracuse to play in the ACC lacrosse team when we were an independent in lacrosse).

Navy football+ND all other sports = one full member

This makes sense to me. Might let them play lacrosse too (they tried for years to get Syracuse to play in the ACC lacrosse team when we were an independent in lacrosse).

I'd think Navy would remain in the Patriot League for LAX and all other sports.

I think this is the case. ND isn't giving up their independence...EVER. I don't see how adding Navy will convince them to join. In fact, I think it emboldens them to remain independent.

Yeah 44, ND is pretty greedy and can get their way often so it does indeed worry me unless they see the Big 10 as an enemy.

Awful. "Hey the guy in the book is 6'5", why don't we cast Tom Cruise?"

Also in this boat are both Morgan Freeman and Tyler Perry as Alex Cross. The only guy that should play him is Denzel.

Hey, what's a few details among Hollywood friends? Mel Gibson played William Wallace in Braveheart. If you read the history of William Wallace, he was a very tall man for his day and described by many as "a giant". Best I can figure from the descriptions is that he was probably built like a modern day NFL TE. That was unheard of back in 1500, and thus probably inspired many of the embellished stories and folk tales. Mel Gibson was a very short William Wallace.

Just to make this response relevant to the thread, I believe William Wallace is an ACC Legend, and Mel Gibson is not.

This makes no sense for ND or Navy. Both want to play EVERY year in FB. Navy to the ACC would mean they only play once every THREE years. Unless ND comes for FB, I cannot see Navy happening.

What if Navy gets really good, and they have to play in the ACCGC the same weekend they play Army? :eek:

Won't be a problem. They moved the Army/Navy game out a week to be all alone. Although they'll be the first team to play a regular season game after the conference championship game.

This makes no sense for ND or Navy. Both want to play EVERY year in FB. Navy to the ACC would mean they only play once every THREE years. Unless ND comes for FB, I cannot see Navy happening.

Or they change the rules so that Navy is one of the five they play ever year.

If true could this be a way to get the ACC a 6th ND game per year with one always being Navy? That way it adds to the bump from ESPN in the TV deal.