From Greg Swaim... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

From Greg Swaim...

Why should be be suspended at all since when is it a crime to voice your opinion.

I guess I just don't understand how he could get fired unless he actively covered for Bernie. How do you fire a Hall of Fame coach for shooting his mouth off while defending a friend of 50 years?
You can't but Nancy seems like the type of person to do it...

I guess I just don't understand how he could get fired unless he actively covered for Bernie. How do you fire a Hall of Fame coach for shooting his mouth off while defending a friend of 50 years?
This. Gotta be logical.

hmm. that would really make the story wacky if miss's fine was the mother.

We have Penn State to thank as well.

Why couldn't Bernie have been caught soliciting 18 year old boys on craigslist?

We only have Bernie to thank for this.

I agree--so I don't dispute what you are saying.

But I can see a few reasons: [1] things are hyper sensitive after the PSU scandal, [2] Cantor is politically correct as hell, [3] if you'd asked me last month whether it was fathomable that Joe Paterno would ever be fired under any circumstances, I would have laughed, and [4] Boeheim pushed his chips all in 10 days ago with some pointed commentary that is now being used against him / the university in the court of public opinion.

Again, not saying that he SHOULD be fired--I hope to christ that he isn't--but I can see it happening.

how many and how old? this is a mindf*ck that he has kids
He has at least 2 and they are younger. I am sure they will not be treated as pariahs growing up if JB gets forced out and the allegations are false.

Agree with you completely, that would be to totally ignore all of the good he has done both in the community and for SU, all because of words that could prove to be unsympathetic, but still may prove to be accurate. I would find it really really hard to believe that the BOT could act on JB at this stage before any real facts are known. They haven't even brought themselves to act on Bernie who is 100% more directly in the cross hairs.

I agree--so I don't dispute what you are saying.

But I can see a few reasons: [1] things are hyper sensitive after the PSU scandal, [2] Cantor is politically correct as hell, [3] if you'd asked me last month whether it was fathomable that Joe Paterno would ever be fired under any circumstances, I would have laughed, and [4] Boeheim pushed his chips all in 10 days ago with some pointed commentary that is now being used against him / the university in the court of public opinion.

Again, not saying that he SHOULD be fired--I hope to christ that he isn't--but I can see it happen.

Just amazing that it may actually come to this. Stunned if he is fired based on speaking his mind.

Why couldn't Bernie have been caught soliciting 18 year old boys on craigslist?

We only have Bernie to thank for this.

My point is that this probably never comes to light again if not for the Penn State scandal.

No offense, but Swaim just throws stuff out there and hopes it sticks. I don't find him reputable at all that's why I didn't post it. Pete Thamel he is not

I just can't see him being fired - publicly reprimanded for speaking out prior to knowing all the facts - maybe. Not sure how you justify firing him without more - firing him also makes it look like he knew.

Should I read anything into a thread being deleted a few moments ago that didn't seem inflammatory?

My point is that this probably never comes to light again if not for the Penn State scandal.
probably not in 2011... but maybe in 2012, 2014, or during final four weekend when SU is on the national stage

How would you like to be the Fine's neighbor, trying to sell your house! :(

I just can't see him being fired - publicly reprimanded for speaking out prior to knowing all the facts - maybe. Not sure how you justify firing him without more - firing him also makes it look like he knew.

There's no way he can be fired based off the information we know.

Greg Swaim also thinks the Big 12 is inviting Rutgers in June.

Exactly, I actually stopped following him after all of the speculative stuff he threw out there during the conference realignment stuff. I find him less than credible.

There may be more here than JB's unfortunate statements. I'm still wondering why there were kids traveling with the team. He may be catching hell for allowing that. Or something else that hasn't come out yet but SUBoT knows about.

Even so, Swaim's just guessing

There's no way he can be fired based off the information we know.

He could be fired simply to protect SU's good name. For PR reasons. For the larger good stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom