From local (Syracuse) radio today, re: Buddy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

From local (Syracuse) radio today, re: Buddy

Surprised their wasn't a NCAA Investigation,Loss of Schollies and Games ;)

Shooting free throws in a row means nothing. take two. run around a bit and shoot two more. You can make any amount when you are in sync.

When I was in high school our coach use to make us run suicides. After we finished the first one, he'd go through at random choosing one member of our team, who then shot a pair of free throws. Miss one, and he added another suicide to the previous count. That happened until everyone on the team made consecutive Ft's. That will make you shoot good FT's quick, lol. Still to this day, it was the best shape i've ever been in!

Yup. I think people would be very surprised at how well a lot of these kids (and even HS kids) can shoot in practice.

Totally agree. I was a below average class A highschool player and when we'd do 3 point shooting drills, (5 shots in a row from 6 spots moving around the arc), I'd hit 18 on a bad day, and 23-24 on my best days. These guys are 100x the player I ever was, so it does not surprise me that a kid can make that many in a row from 1 spot. It's amazing, and shows what a lot of practice can do, but not surprising with all the work they put in. It's all muscle memory.

I could hit 38 in a row with a women's ball...I think. Eh, maybe 25.

I guarantee I would be able to achieve 38 times in a row hitting myself in the 'nards off of the richochet from the backboard.

It's a lot harder to make shots when you're guarded.

Attachments

• images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    9.1 KB · Views: 5
We should have a forum contest to see what we can all shoot from 3 or FTs.

Wonder what Gerry's record is.

One thing I loved/remember about the 2006 season was when there was a few minutes left in warmups before tipoff, GMac and Devo would each set up at opposite sides of the same hoop and just start draining threes. Literally neither would miss. Bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang. It would almost a subtle battle to see who would miss first.

How’s this for an embarrassing disclosure? I once shot free throws at Manley as a student journalist as part of some pre-game promotion.

I clanked the first five and had a strange feeling. Looked to my left and saw JB was watching me from the sideline.

Proceeded to miss the next five and as I slinked away saw JB just shaking his head, with that face he makes, which hasn’t changed in 43 years.

Shooting free throws in a row means nothing. take two. run around a bit and shoot two more. You can make any amount when you are in sync.
Which is why the current custom of walking around and slapping everyone’s hands after making a free throw is counterproductive. You should keep your feet planted exactly as they were when you made it to minimize the variables.

Which is why the current custom of walking around and slapping everyone’s hands after making a free throw is counterproductive. You should keep your feet planted exactly as they were when you made it to minimize the variables.
Not sure about that, but I know it drives me absolutely crazy when they slap hands after a missed FT. Absolutely crazy.

Agreed. When I played as a kid, if I ever moved off the line it was because I’d missed the first and was kind of mentally starting over for the next one.

I’d never move after making the first. Not really looking for high fives in between shots either. I don’t need your pointless words and hand slap, lol.

We should have a forum contest to see what we can all shoot from 3 or FTs.
I did that once tracking my stats along with Cooney's and let me tell you that did not go over well on the board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom