From the Duke Fan Forum... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

From the Duke Fan Forum...

All true. Which is why it’s imperitive he stays out of foul trouble. Tourney games are called tighter.
I believe he will, but all is not lost if he doesn't, provided Sidibe can give something. I realize SU is a big underdog, but they don't have to play a perfect game to win this one. This Duke team isn't exactly Alcindor's UCLA. They actually found a way to lose to St. John's.

Calling for dirty antics to take out their player because of his dirty antics. The irony is delicious.

And darn them fellers for being so sensible in their comments, for the most part...
I have a hunch Duke has its share of idiotic fans, just like we do. I look forward to watching them surface after Duke goes down tomorrow night.

I believe he will, but all is not lost if he doesn't, provided Sidibe can give something. I realize SU is a big underdog, but they don't have to play a perfect game to win this one. This Duke team isn't exactly Alcindor's UCLA. They actually found a way to lose to St. John's.
Duke is a perfect team. Unbeatable at this point. We lose by 30

Duke is a perfect team. Unbeatable at this point. We lose by 30

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

PC needs to remember he is not Bagley and can't play like him. If he just stands there and makes it difficult for Bagley to crash the boards he'll be doing well.
Bagley may not be a part of Alcindor's teams but I think he is better than Lou was as a freshman. He would still be my number one pick in the draft.

Has Gottlieb been tweeting about how Duke doesn't deserve to be in the tournament? I seem to recall him being pretty clear on the point that anyone who lost to St. John's should never be an at large team in the NCCAT.

Has Gottlieb been tweeting about how Duke doesn't deserve to be in the tournament? I seem to recall him being pretty clear on the point that anyone who lost to St. John's should never be an at large team in the NCCAT.
That only applied last season when they were a terrible 14-19. This season they were 16-17, so that's apparently not a bad loss for Duke.

To quote that entire post:

Syracuse is an adopted child from the Big East. So to me they are especially dangerous.

Is this Boeheim's swan song victory? I think no, that was last week over Izzo.

Blue Devils fight our way into the Elite 8

That guy was all over the map. Like that they seem to have all out respect for the old Big East. But Boeheim's "Swan Song Victory"?!? Jimmy B isn't going anywhere Sir Cameron Crazy! He will be here at least another 4 years with his son coming on board. I really hope that making it to the Sweet 16 isn't the best he can muster over the next 4 years.

Bagley may not be a part of Alcindor's teams but I think he is better than Lou was as a freshman.
Lost all credibility right there.
1. Alcindor is an all time great. Bagley will be an okay player.
2. No one saw Alcindor play as a freshman, so there is no way to compare.
3. There will never be a rule change, due to Bagley's dominance of the game.
4. Skyhook!

This single post increased my hopes that we beat Duke to unimaginable levels:

The only team that seems to be on par with us right now is Nova, so that would be a helluva match up in Texas. SI6HTS!!!

We need to frustrate the hell out of them and inch out to a 3-6 point lead at some point in the second half and just hold on. The fact that they're looking ahead like that just makes me drool w anticipation for Friday night. The whole Jordan Tucker fiasco, now offering Joe Girard III. I want this game so freaking bad.

Lost all credibility right there.
1. Alcindor is an all time great. Bagley will be an okay player.
2. No one saw Alcindor play as a freshman, so there is no way to compare.
3. There will never be a rule change, due to Bagley's dominance of the game.
4. Skyhook!
I never said Bagley would be a better player than Alcindor. Yes, I forgot there was no freshman play at that point but all Alcindor had going for him in high school, early in his career was his height because there was nobody that could stop him.
Bagley has had far more experience AT THIS POINT in his career. He will be more than OK.

I never said Bagley would be a better player than Alcindor. Yes, I forgot there was no freshman play at that point but all Alcindor had going for him in high school, early in his career was his height because there was nobody that could stop him.
Bagley has had far more experience AT THIS POINT in his career. He will be more than OK.
He will just be a guy in he NBA. He's not special.

He will just be a guy in he NBA. He's not special.
I don't know if you just had a very small sample size in evaluating his talent, or if he just so happened to play poorly in the games you did watch. I'm hoping the latter, as I know you'll be tuned in tonight. ;)

Bagley is a legit NBA talent. In fact, I will go on record and forecast that he makes at least 2 NBA All-Star games in his career. He's not Kareem, I'll agree with that.

Bagley in an incredible offensive player. His defensive approach is best described as apathetic. Big reason they switched to a zone. Hopefully we can exploit that somehow.

This Duke fan on their fan board...

With the upsets that have happened, the NCAA should be pulling for Duke for ratings. No other team out there brings the audience. A matchup of Duke vs Kentucky will be huge in terms of ratings.
Ratings will severely dip if our Devils go out, and I think there's probably some higher powers that will be pulling for them to play Monday night for the title almost as bad as we do.

I call BS...

Last edited:
I think they would dip (maybe not severely) because no one else is nearly has hatable as Duke. On the other hand, we've become such villains that maybe people will tune in because they hate us too.

Post was probably written by a fan who started watching cbb and duke in college. Clueless bandwagoners.

Yeah cause George Mason-Florida and UCLA-LSU were ratings gold.
Mason beat UConn.

The refs won’t help Duke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom