from the PC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

from the PC

Yet another reason about why the other assistants, besides Hackett, weren't given a heads up that Shaf was bringing in his own guys. This might not have been completely Marrone's doing. Impossible to say otherwise.

??????????

Yet another reason about why the other assistants, besides Hackett, weren't given a heads up that Shaf was bringing in his own guys. This might not have been completely Marrone's doing. Impossible to say otherwise.

So SS runs the staff off just to bring his own crew in ... and the good samaritan FHCDM takes pity on all of them and gives them refuge in Buffalo? Find that hard to believe.

So SS runs the staff off just to bring his own crew in ... and the good samaritan FHCDM takes pity on all of them and gives them refuge in Buffalo? Find that hard to believe.

Ok that is fine. Prove to me otherwise. That's all I'm saying.

Don't believe it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Don't believe it.
Seems pretty simple. Marrone thinks the offense Hackett and he ran will work in the NFL. Shafer's defense won't. So he took the offensive staff with him, and left almost the entire defensive staff behind.

Seems pretty simple. Marrone thinks the offense Hackett and he ran will work in the NFL. Shafer's defense won't. So he took the offensive staff with him, and left almost the entire defensive staff behind.

Oh, and also apparently lied to everyone in the process. Simple enough.

Oh, and also apparently lied to everyone in the process. Simple enough.
Unless he struck out on getting some NFL coaches and fell back quickly on SU guys. I'm only commenting on the end result, not the process.

Unless he struck out on getting some NFL coaches and fell back quickly on SU guys. I'm only commenting on the end result, not the process.

Agreed. Just that this "process" rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Especially since it made Floyd Little look like a liar to ZA contributing to his decommit. Even if DM didn't mean initially to gut the staff, and only was forced to do it when he couldn't get the 347 guys he REALLY wanted to buy in, that still makes him a liar, since he made a promise to the administration and the players and them broke it 5 minutes later. .

Agreed. Just that this "process" rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Especially since it made Floyd Little look like a liar to ZA contributing to his decommit. Even if DM didn't mean initially to gut the staff, and only was forced to do it when he couldn't get the 347 guys he REALLY wanted to buy in, that still makes him a liar, since he made a promise to the administration and the players and them broke it 5 minutes later. .
How do we know that he made this promise? I've seen it mentioned a few times, but did he really say anything? What exactly did he say? Unless someone was in the room and heard it, I am going to be skeptical. Too many motives floating about on all sides.

How do we know that he made this promise? I've seen it mentioned a few times, but did he really say anything? What exactly did he say? Unless someone was in the room and heard it, I am going to be skeptical. Too many motives floating about on all sides.

Well, the "love" letter to the players for one, where he professed his devotion to maintaining continuity within a program? Or Hack admittedly accepting the Buffalo job just before signing an extension? Or Little and the media being assured Hackett is retained? And it sure sounds from CTO's account there may be more than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom