Frost update to UCF | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Frost update to UCF

When I first started lurking around here during the Marrone hire, I mistook the passion about firing and hiring as a love for the drama of it. I think 90% of people want what's best for Cuse Football.

That other 10% be loving on the drama.
The Venn diagram intersects too. There are some who want what's right,but love the drama

orange79 said:
I said the same thing in another thread. Here's how it ended

Well you probably deserved it.

I like to think of this weird coachless period as Schrodinger's Coach. At this point our new coach is both the best and worst coach possible at the same time. Until that moment the announcement is made we can speculate that our coach is Frost/Ash/DaCoachO/Gerg/TomObrien all at the same time and none of are wrong or right until that announcement.

It's a really weird feeling that bad teams get to experience every few years!

We haven't even hired a new HC yet but people are going off the deep end. Wow.

Let's see what happens before people start complaining. I trust Coyle and Syverud will make a great hire. Have a little faith.
agree! 100%

What was leaked and by who, I missed it.
Supposedly, frost has decided he needs time to weigh his options. Not long after that news came out, tweets surfaced suggesting Chris Ash was slowly becoming a top candidate for SU Football.

My guess is both sides are negotiating and ultimately will hit the tables again tomorrow. Doesn't mean we get a deal done, but one side will blink pretty quickly IMO

Supposedly, frost has decided he needs time to weigh his options. Not long after that news came out, tweets surfaced suggesting Chris Ash was slowly becoming a top candidate for SU Football.

My guess is both sides are negotiating and ultimately will hit the tables again tomorrow. Doesn't mean we get a deal done, but one side will blink pretty quickly IMO
Thanks for the updated info!

I would laugh at you if Gross was still the AD.

Now, I don't think it's necessarily out of the question. And the fact that a media member has "leaked" something definitely means someone told him something on purpose.
Well if Frost's agent reads this board, the price just went Up $200,000 per.

I'm also hearing Frost is still in the running just that things didn't go exactly as planned this afternoon. I think Coyle et al thought they would wrap it up and they did not. So we are looking at Ash and also maybe the other d coordinator at Ohio St. I am thinking Frost is playing a negotiating game, and taking 24-48 hours to quickly weigh his options. I would probably do the same if I were in his position...

I'm also hearing Frost is still in the running just that things didn't go exactly as planned this afternoon. I think Coyle et al thought they would wrap it up and they did not. So we are looking at Ash and also maybe the other d coordinator at Ohio St. I am thinking Frost is playing a negotiating game, and taking 24-48 hours to quickly weigh his options. I would probably do the same if I were in his position...

So, do we know he flew in Sunday or did he fly in today and they just didn't close the deal?

I'm just so excited I may get to publish my article after all. I was afraid I'd never get those 10 minutes back.

I agree I think Frost could be announced tomorrow. Good thing for us is that his name really isn't being linked to other jobs. Maybe Mizzo but not anything else

llandz said:

I'd buy that.

I like to think of this weird coachless period as Schrodinger's Coach. At this point our new coach is both the best and worst coach possible at the same time. Until that moment the announcement is made we can speculate that our coach is Frost/Ash/DaCoachO/Gerg/TomObrien all at the same time and none of are wrong or right until that announcement.

It's a really weird feeling that bad teams get to experience every few years!
It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

Excitement level: RISING!

dance.gif

No candidate is flying into Syracuse to interview. They will come when a deal is done.

Full_Rebar said:
No candidate is flying into Syracuse to interview. They will come when a deal is done.

Is it weird that candidates don't come to the school they'd be coaching at? I read that Marrone didn't come prior to his hiring.

It's like hiring a guy to run a factory, but not having him see the factory before he's hired.

Is it weird that candidates don't come to the school they'd be coaching at? I read that Marrone didn't come prior to his hiring.

It's like hiring a guy to run a factory, but not having him see the factory before he's hired.
I find that odd, too. Like, as far as I can tell, Frost has never been to Syracuse in his entire life. But now he's making a decision about whether he wants to live there (for a couple years, at least) without ever even checking out the area? Seems weird.