Frost update to UCF | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Frost update to UCF

jekelish said:
I find that odd, too. Like, as far as I can tell, Frost has never been to Syracuse in his entire life. But now he's making a decision about whether he wants to live there (for a couple years, at least) without ever even checking out the area? Seems weird.

I'd move anywhere 2.5 mill a year.

jekelish said:
I find that odd, too. Like, as far as I can tell, Frost has never been to Syracuse in his entire life. But now he's making a decision about whether he wants to live there (for a couple years, at least) without ever even checking out the area? Seems weird.

Hard to get warm and fuzzy about a guy who doesn't visit the campus.

Whoever wants to be head coach at Syracuse should realize he doesn't have the players to compete and better get a deal done and start recruiting their a$$ off, ASAP.

Is it weird that candidates don't come to the school they'd be coaching at? I read that Marrone didn't come prior to his hiring.

It's like hiring a guy to run a factory, but not having him see the factory before he's hired.

It's insane, but if a guy comes to interview and something falls through...no one looks good. Plausible deniability or something I guess.

Wednesday night at the Wisconsin game, halftime the lights are gonna dim and Coyle and Frost are gonna walk out flipping everyone off and laughing maniacally about trolling us all like...
Then Jake Crouthamel and George DeLeone run in, clear them out and demand the crowd give them the respect they deserve.

If we could just get Frost on campus I feel like this process would go a lot faster and smoother.

Full_Rebar said:
It's insane, but if a guy comes to interview and something falls through...no one looks good. Plausible deniability or something I guess.

It's insane, full stop. In what other profession do people not visit the location of where they will be working? I get that all downtown NYC startup lofts are the same, but this a seems a wee bit different. It's why I had so little sympathy for Marrone when I heard he was surprised at the state of facilities. I mean, an hour here would have solves that, right?

Today:

download.jpg

I just read discussions are on going with Frost, however it seems negotiations are really being pushed by his agent making an agreement difficult. As such, Coyle turned to Ash for leverage.

Whoever wants to be head coach at Syracuse should realize he doesn't have the players to compete and better get a deal done and start recruiting their a$$ off, ASAP.

That is such a crock.

It's insane, full stop. In what other profession do people not visit the location of where they will be working? I get that all downtown NYC startup lofts are the same, but this a seems a wee bit different. It's why I had so little sympathy for Marrone when I heard he was surprised at the state of facilities. I mean, an hour here would have solves that, right?

But it's the same everywhere, Va Tech flew Bud Foster to meet Fuente, and didn't tell him until they were in the air who he was going to meet with. He got on a plane to meet his new boss and didn't know who he was meeting, or where he was going. College sports are crazy

Full_Rebar said:
But it's the same everywhere, Va Tech flew Bud Foster to meet Fuente, and didn't tell him until they were in the air who he was going to meet with. He got on a plane to meet his new boss and didn't know who he was meeting, or where he was going. College sports are crazy

Oh, I agree. Everything about it is nuts. If I didn't enjoy game day so much I'd question my sanity for following this nonsense.

Is it weird that candidates don't come to the school they'd be coaching at? I read that Marrone didn't come prior to his hiring.

It's like hiring a guy to run a factory, but not having him see the factory before he's hired.

It has happened to me...of course a little different when you are told where you are going.