Frost was offered $1.8-2.0 million (corrected) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Frost was offered $1.8-2.0 million (corrected)

So much for the, "money is no object", "the budget STARTS at 2.5M". Mullen, Richt, Ruhle, Golden Schiano, Babers, basically ANYONE who has ever head coached is out.

Might as well go get the fordham, CCU or EW coaches then if we're going to be cheap.

What was he making? I've seen so many different numbers over the last 48 hours. 1.2m ain't bad if he as making 500k

It is if your competition is offer $2 mil up front with a lesser incentive package, more guaranteed money.

I thought it wasn't money with Frost but the buyout. Now it was the money and if true now I am ticked. I wonder what UCF gave him... Someone tell me why we are going to spend a ton of cash on Dome renovation but we seemingly won't pay a coach to come here?

So much for the, "money is no object", "the budget STARTS at 2.5M". Mullen, Richt, Ruhle, Golden Schiano, Babers, basically ANYONE who has ever head coached is out.

Might as well go get the fordham, CCU or EW coaches then if we're going to be cheap.

I can see that much for a established HC, but $2.5M for someone with NO head coaching experience...

Should we have paid Marrone and Shafer $2.5M?

That is like the Red Sox offering Jon Lester 80 million in 2014 Spring Training then offering him 150 million last December and now giving David Price 217 million to compound a stupid cheap offer.

Why do we run the AD like we are the Tampa Bay Rays. I get we aren't the Yankees/Red Sox but we should be spending like a mid market team like the Blue Jays and not the freaking cheap skate Rays.

This search is a joke. Imagine the assistant budgett. My worst fears are confirmed.
This is a complete farce. If we're not going to pony up for a decent coach/staff then let's admit our suckitude and stick with Shafer. He was at least 3 years into learning how to be a head coach. This is total amateur hour!

I can see that much for a established HC, but $2.5M for someone with NO head coaching experience...

No they came cheaper. This guy didn't.

th

It is if your competition is offer $2 mil up front with a lesser incentive package, more guaranteed money.
Then pass on the candidate.

Right where does this end? Defensive backs coaches making 750k? We're basically spending money on a what if. I'd certainly spend it in a proven head coach.

This is a complete farce. If we're not going to pony up for a decent coach/staff then let's admit our suckitude and stick with Shafer. He was at least 3 years into learning how to be a head coach. This is total amateur hour!
How do we know he was a decent head coach?

We are done with the choices of the past.

We need an overall staff budget of $5MM - $6MM and to be within competitive salary for our HC position with other P5 schools that are good. And, oh by the way, we are going to need to overpay because of how crappy we've been.

That offer, even if it's just the base, is a joke. It's not serious. It will be used against us.

Either work to compete in the ACC or stop pretending that you want to compete in the ACC.

I'm not panicking yet. I think we presented a fair offer for what he is. He found a better paying gig, good for hi.

Hen why offer him in the first place?
That's my issue from the get go. Coyle thinks he is, but he is truly unproven to me. Granted I'm nobody, but 72 hours ago I never heard of him

How do we know he was a decent head coach?
We don't, which is why many including myself would prefer HC experience, ala Babers. Not sure why we'd offer him if we didn't like what we saw, though. Either way we didn't like him at whatever price which shows the limits of what we are willing to spend--not enough to be competitive with UCF. This is embarrassing, imo.