FSU Game Thread... | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Game Thread...

Yep and I am concerned about next week and onward too.

I'm not too worried about that, since he got x-rayed... He should be able to tough it out, even if he relies on taping it and getting shot up as needed.

Even that season Marrone attempted a 45-yard FG in the rain on 4th and 3 down 10 in the 4th quarter at Cincinnati.

Regardless, it was just a joke.

I'll take that season now.

A gifted opportunity completely blown. Poor coaching in that series. Our entire offensive philosophy is quick tempo, etc. and yet after that huge t/o we decide to call consecutive time outs, never mind the questionable plays called. We let FSU off the hook by letting them get set on D, and no hurry up throughout that series. A major hiccup by the coaching staff there imo.

If we don’t slow down Akers, going for it won’t matter vs taking the 3 and missing out

So frustrating that the RZ futility continues.

I just can't understand trying to run it 3 times from the 9? They are either trying to out think themselves or just really want to summon their inner meathead and be a running team, that they are clearly not. You have weapons in Ish and Erv, and a hyper athletic TE in Pierce who is seldom used. That is your perfect chance. Blowing golden opportunities like that are game changing
At this point I'm more confident in getting TDs when we snaps the ball between the 20 and 35 than when we're in the red zone.

A gifted opportunity completely blown. Poor coaching in that series. Our entire offensive philosophy is quick tempo, etc. and yet after that huge t/o we decide to call consecutive time outs. We let FSU off the hook by letting them get set on D, and no hurry up throughout that series. A major hiccup by the coaching staff there imo.

They are who we thought they were! And we let em off the hook!

You are on the road at FSU and we're gifted 3 points. Take them.

If you go for it there, go for it on 4 n 2 when we tried a 48 yd fg.

if dungey was playing we would have

First possession of the second half is huge. If we stop them, I think we win. Right now, momentum is neutral due to the lack of score at the end of the first half. A stop and a drive to even it up, and I think we win.

I stepped away from the TV with 2:00 minutes left because I thought the half was over. I came back 15 minutes later and the half just ended. What the hell bappdned?

Good half. Why we didn’t take the points is beyond me? They may come back to bite us later.

The good news:

FSU hasn't shown they can close a game out.

It looked like they were going to run away with it, and they have to play a full four quarters now. They're fragile and could still fold.

Blackmon still is just not really ready to be out there.

Our offense has shown we can move the ball on them.

Conclusion - we can do this.

FSU is depleted. Their D is going to get tired. We have to up the pace and have them crawling back to the line.

Players not named Dungey are rushing for 2 yards a carry so far today.

OK all things considered they are in pretty good shape. Basically forefit 4 possessions without Dungey and we had a chance to tie before half. Getting a stop on this first possession is going to set the tone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom