FSU Game Thread... | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Game Thread...

I just don't understand why we can't line up and try to execute a normal play. We put all the receivers on the right and tried to run QB left. Just go 5 wide and either hit a quick slant, throw a stop route, or if the middle is vacated, give Dungey the opportunity to run up the middle. Lets line up and execute instead of getting cute. Soooooo many wasted downs on plays that have no chance.
This is the thing that bothers me. We seem so willing to just eat a play every drive.

I do not get it.

Didn't like the play call, but I'm good with going for it... and I have Cuse +8, so if I'm agreeing with passing on points, you should KNOW it's okay...

Just the wrong play call. The math says go, the momentum says go IMO (imagine the start we had, being tied at half... being down 4 or 7 isn't a huge difference in that department). Just would have liked to roll Dungey right, having maybe a slant and out rubbing to try to get someone open and give him two pass options and the run option.

As we were promised when Dino was hired we don't have a conservative coach when it comes to 4th down decisions. I would rather go for 7 instead of having Murphy try a FG.
Problem is the inconsistency with the aggressiveness. We've seen him punt when he should go earlier this season (and last season), and this time I think even the most ardent 'Go For It!' supporters would've been good with a FG there.

But regardless, I'm still pro-Babers and we're going to win this game as long as Babers ankle holds up and the fix isn't totally in.

I just don't understand why we can't line up and try to execute a normal play. We put all the receivers on the right and tried to run QB left. Just go 5 wide and either hit a quick slant, throw a stop route, or if the middle is vacated, give Dungey the opportunity to run up the middle. Lets line up and execute instead of getting cute. Soooooo many wasted downs on plays that have no chance.
On that batted ball ED had a clear path to the endzone.

As we were promised when Dino was hired we don't have a conservative coach when it comes to 4th down decisions. I would rather go for 7 instead of having Murphy try a FG.

Not really a try. It's an extra point. It's a guaranteed 3 pts and heading to the locker room down 4 with lots of momentum.

So frustrating that the RZ futility continues.

I just can't understand trying to run it 3 times from the 9? They are either trying to out think themselves or just really want to summon their inner meathead and be a running team, that they are clearly not. You have weapons in Ish and Erv, and a hyper athletic TE in Pierce who is seldom used. That is your perfect chance. Blowing golden opportunities like that are game changing

I am very concerned about Dungey coming back in the 2nd half... Hoping the ankle doesn't tighten up during half and become more of a problem.

Yep and I am concerned about next week and onward too.

FSU is a bad football team. SU is behind because of meathead coaching.
Almost all FSU players are four or five stars rated. In comparison, BC has only two players that high. But last week BC beat FSU handily. That tells you how bad FSU coach is . We need to take a win from FSU this year.

Marrone and Hackett set offensive records - passing records- and won the Pinstripe Bowl.

Citing them during that series seems a bit off target
Even that season Marrone attempted a 45-yard FG in the rain on 4th and 3 down 10 in the 4th quarter at Cincinnati.

Regardless, it was just a joke.

just think - this FSU team is ready to fold. They are more focused on highlight reels - as evidenced by that boneheaded attempt to bat the ball back in play from the end zone - and will collapse in the face of adversity. I think Dino wanted to go in tied after FSU thought they were going to just waltz to victory with all those long TD's, thinking of all the finger pointing that would happen in the locker room.

Instead they get to galvanize around the stop. All because we decided we could run on a 5 star defensive line on the goal line.

Bojangles and Food Lion.

This conference sometimes man...

Different world down there. And they hate us, and it’s not a coincidence that our games are reffed the way they are reffed.

Marrone would have never kept running up the middle over and over. Especially when half the time the RB is stopped behind the LOS.

I’m sure we’re just softening them up though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom