FSU Game Thread... | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Game Thread...

We’re consistently competitive for the first time since 2012.

It’s a process. You don’t usually go from sucking to good while skipping all the steps in the middle. We’re in the middle. We don’t suck anymore, but we’re not good yet either.

Thank you for this post.

Fsu stinks this year, they just lost by 32 to a mediocre Bc team.

At BC, in the rain (I think).

We cannot turn it over to start the game, then miss Dungey for multiple series's. Not matter who we play.

But people are nuts, we are putting out a competitive product and have a good chance at a bowl, 2 home games and the away one is at least on turf.

Unfortunately, I'm thinking that we are going to finish with the same record as last year. Another season with a big win in the Dome followed by a tank job to finish the season. I don't care if FSU has a team full of 10 star players, they are still a bad team and we repeatedly shot ourselves in the foot. To have two possessions in the first half start inside the opponent's 35 yard line and come away with 0 points is totally unacceptable. Two seasons in, and we have road wins vs. UCONN & BC. It's frustrating, to say the least.

It’s selective second guessing.

If Murphy makes his first attempt we’re in
OT. That call didn’t cost us the game.

I disagree and I guess we’ll never know. What I do know is you take the points early. You don’t go for it from the 9 yard line then run them ball and expect to score. Idiotic call.

It’s selective second guessing.

If Murphy makes his first attempt we’re in
OT. That call didn’t cost us the game.
I agree he missed the first one by 10 yards to the left.

Unfortunately, I'm thinking that we are going to finish with the same record as last year. Another season with a big win in the Dome followed by a tank job to finish the season. I don't care if FSU has a team full of 10 star players, they are still a bad team and we repeatedly shot ourselves in the foot. To have two possessions in the first half start inside the opponent's 35 yard line and come away with 0 points is totally unacceptable. Two seasons in, and we have road wins vs. UCONN & BC. It's frustrating, to say the least.

You don’t think we can beat Wake?

yeah, time to fire the staff and bring in another group.

This isnt FSU of last year or two years ago they are awful offensively and just got annihilated by BC. This was a bad loss amd a game we should have won.
wasn't the game AT BC on a Friday night?

Breaking news - team plays different at home than on the road.

Put another way, does anyone think Syracuse beats Clemson at Clemson this year? On a Friday night?

I sure wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with a lot of the bunch here. You can tune in to watch us now and be pretty assured that you are going to see a good game. That is a stark improvement. We play a real tough schedule. the 7-6 teams we had in the old Big east couldn't have done that with the schedule we are playing now.

I think, at least hoping, people are just venting. Its like when you snap hook a drive and smash your club on the ground...

It’s 2017. We haven’t been consistently good since 98.

Unless you’re referring to all the nut kicks we took in the 90s despite being good?[/QU

In 1997 we went to the Fiesta Bowl. In 1998 we went to the Orange Bowl. In 1999 we went to the Music City Bowl. In 2001 we went to the Insight Bowl.

I went to all of them and had fun.

Those were not "nut kicks" for me.

And neither were the two Pinstrip Bowl wins in 2010 and 2012.

You don’t think we can beat Wake?

Didn't say I don't think we can beat them, but both games are going to essentially be pick-em games. And given our road woes, I gives us a 1% chance of beating Louisville.

At BC, in the rain (I think).

We cannot turn it over to start the game, then miss Dungey for multiple series's. Not matter who we play.

But people are nuts, we are putting out a competitive product and have a good chance at a bowl, 2 home games and the away one is at least on turf.

Its great were competing, Im sick of losing games and not going to bowl games.

With a Dome and an offense that should provide lots of opportunities, you would think we’d be able to recruit that level of a kicker.

Who would have recruited the upperclassman kicker?

Not that I want to watch again, one of the guys on FSU was in a little too quick and Murphy didn't get the best traction it seemed. Wished 3rd down went into the endzone but it is what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom