FSU Game Thread... | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Game Thread...

That's not the point! The point is, no matter how you slice it, we were a tournament team. We had momentum, and we pissed it away. Yeah, at the beginning of the season, it looked like we were an NIT team. Then we put together what appeared to be something special. Now it looks like it's likely gone. Let people be disappointed. Good god!
I get it. I understand but if you can posts complaints on a fan board all I am doing is posting my perspective which isn’t a hopeless as a lost season yet.

One thing about Malachi...he had a horrific shooting month of December which killed his overall numbers a bit. But he was really pretty good in November and from January in.

Way more polished offensively than Brissett. He had a number of games with a good amount of assists, many of the drive and dish variety. He could shoot the 3 both off the catch and dribble, and some good off the dribbled moves. He struggled to finish but could draw fouls too...though he finished better than OB has so far.

Good point. (I had a newborn that Malachi season so that year is a little more hazy than most.) that said, Brissett is a very good rebounder (recognizing the numbers have come down a bit). Im not sure Malachi had a secondary skill comparable to what brissett does on the boards. I do still think ob is the best fresh rebounder since melo.

I’d also say brissett still has a lot of season ahead of him. That can definitely go either way - I think we’ve probably had about an equal number of guys who improved as their freshman year went on as hit a wall. Brissett is shooting so poorly though it is hard to imagine those numbers not coming up a little bit.

I wish WAshington could get a wide open look. He’s capable.
He was wide open a lot in the 13 minutes he played. Battle and OB had numerous chances to pass HW the ball and they just refused, even when he was wide open. Kind of felt bad for him, like the last kid picked in a pick-up game, you can play but know you are not getting the ball.

This was the first game of the season that I missed, as I had to attend a medical conference. I'm sorry I missed it. Sounds like it was a hard fought game. Losing in double overtime on the road against a ranked team hurts but it's not a bad loss.

Can anyone shed some light on Battle's performance. Looking at the box score he put up quite a few shots to get those 37 points, and had no assists. How did he look? Did Howard Washington play because of foul trouble, or was any of the playing time meaningful minutes? Getting a double double from Chukwu and 42 minutes of play is impressive.

Anyhow, I look forward to watching the replay.

This was the first game of the season that I missed, as I had to attend a medical conference. I'm sorry I missed it. Sounds like it was a hard fought game. Losing in double overtime on the road against a ranked team hurts but it's not a bad loss.

Can anyone shed some light on Battle's performance. Looking at the box score he put up quite a few shots to get those 37 points, and had no assists. How did he look? Did Howard Washington play because of foul trouble, or was any of the playing time meaningful minutes? Getting a double double from Chukwu and 42 minutes of play is impressive.

Anyhow, I look forward to watching the replay.
I had to work, too. Glad they hung in. Watching replay now. 12-6...

21-31 @ the half.. I'm giving up again.

(Much easier watching rebroadcast)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom