FSU Postgame Pow-Wow | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Postgame Pow-Wow

Wildhack would never say things publicly but I am guessing now that buyouts are not major decision issues, he might show more inclination for change. He could say bowl eligible before as a shield when a buyout made it impossible to jettison Dino. He has more flexibility now.
And we have a winner:)

It’s amazing how the recruiting hotbed of Kanas has been ranked in back to back years because they have a great HC in Leipold. Look at them now with their star QB missing the last 2 games they still have 25 points at HT. If Kansas football can do it i have to believe there is hope. I just think the NDSU coaching tree has been the gift that keeps on giving to the midwest.
NDSU would destroy us

We once recruited good enough to beat Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, Colorado, Arizona ,Miami, Florida, Wisconsin , with near misses to Oklahoma, Tennessee (team won the NC).
A little more than 30 years ago. And while I loved each and every one of those wins, saw them all, only really Tenn was at their best. A couple you missed were the way we played Miami, Auburn in the Sugar, Colorado in the Fiesta , and LSU in the Hall of Fame bowl. But one thing about those years, those Syracuse teams played a lot of weak teams as well. And we didn't get worn down by a lack of depth that seems to happen to us each year. Another thing that seemed to help us was that many teams in those days, didn't take option qbs. We did. We got Donnie Mcpherson, McNabb, Graves, when other teams weren't as interested. That changed. We couldn't get those guys in todays football. While we had some terrific players back then, we were never deep like those teams or as solid all over the field as those teams. We have had P., Robinson, Marrone, Shafer and Dino since then. How many of those players kids chose Syracuse? Almost none. By the way, B.C. once beat Alabama and had some great wins just like we did. Where are they now? Neither of us ever recruited with the top teams. Didn't mean we couldn't win with under recruited kids. We could do that now if we got very lucky. OG wasn't recruited by any school in Florida.

Last edited:
Id rather lose by more but be able to say well we did what we could.

That was just an awful game plan. Soft and pathetic. Can’t respect that from Dino and the staff. That field goal call was just bs. Loser.
If you're playing to not get embarrassed you better not get embarrassed. He did everything today to not get laughed at and FSU still covered the spread by 20 points.

The first decision of the game on 4th down was soft as chit and it only got worse. You lose a locker room not trying to win games.

No reason we couldn’t have beat Clemson, they are not a good team.
Well I can think of a reason. They have much more talent, much deeper talent and overall are a much better football team than us.

We could’ve gotten lucky (or avoided bad luck) and won but that would’ve been an upset.

Instead of wasting those 5 or so scholarships on weird JUCO guys who you knew would never play we should have utilized the portal better. Seriously look at some of the names we picked up late from the JC ranks. None of them had any interest or any offers. Knew right them they were just filling out the roster while you could have used it for valuable kids from the portal. Not only does Dino have terrible game mgt and no sack but he can’t manage a roster either.
The problem is valuable kids from the portal get offered by more attractive/ higher paying teams. I’m pretty sure Cuse was active and offering portal kids but when they went elsewhere we grabbed JuCo kids late.

But we are competitive with our peers!
I don't thin
Please tell us why other sports coaches at SU are able to recruit high quality players and why this only pertains to football. We have bad players because Dino is a bad recruiter and bad judge of talent. As to overpaying for a coach, what do you think we are doing now?
You’re kidding, right?

The problem is valuable kids from the portal get offered by more attractive/ higher paying teams. I’m pretty sure Cuse was active and offering portal kids but when they went elsewhere we grabbed JuCo kids late.
i don’t know if i’m buying that. There are tons of players at the G5 or FCS level that can play. I don’t think we were totally set to go all in on the portal. I mean the guys that ended up getting offered had absolutely 0 offers or interest and from California. Just random pick ups that fill up valuable roster spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom