FSU Predictions... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Predictions...

I could see the game going like this:

-We score 1st with a FG and they lead 7-3 after 1Q
-We lead 10-7 at half
-We go up 13-7 but trail 14-13 after 3Q
-They go up 17-13 in the 4th
-With less than 6 mins left we get the ball back. 3/4 of our fans are screaming to put in Tommy, but Shrader comes out. With a 4th and 8 in FSU territory and just over 3 mins left Dino punts the ball. FSU runs out the clock and wins 17-13.
That take was exactly in concept with what I was thinking during the liberty game when we blew the third down call and then did not go for it on fourth down.

Sitting there dejected and depressed knowing they would score two fast touchdowns, which they did, “knowing” then they would score another td to go ahead on the third or fourth down conversion deep in our territory. Was sitting there Completely shocked when that did not happen.

Then, while still sitting there in my negative minded stupor, all of a sudden incredible defensive strip and turnover occurred. That got me up, proceeded to watch some good clock management for once and then with my head in my friends shoulder listen to the crowd cheer when the field goal was made.

Point being I “knew” how that liberty game was going to transpire and end, and then, surprise, I did not know, as the unexpected occurred.

You may very well be right, but here’s the good news, this team is different, and that take may very well be wrong. Here’s hoping so!

I am not even going to venture a guess on this one, as unlike the last one there’s so many variables in play, I have no idea what’s going to happen.

We probably win by 7-14 if they’ve thrown in the towel, it’s probably a one score game either way if they haven’t.

Their o-line is average when it’s healthy and bad when it isn’t and right now it isn’t. I like our chances if that is still the case Saturday. We are going to have to hit an explosive pass or two though because their run defense is solid.
Spot on. Need to play error free ball again. No turnovers we win

Karen DeCrow - 28
Patricia Ireland - 24

gross james van der beek GIF

I think this game is going to be very similar to Rutgers (hopefully less ugly)where both offenses struggle to put up pts in the first half. As defenses get tired offense opens up in the second. Comes down to TO’s 27-21 cuse

28 - 10 Cuse! FSU will quit early and Cuse will take advantage of this. This years team is a different animal and the defense will keep us in all games moving forward.
BTW - My first game starting for Cuse was in 1978 when they beat us in Archbold 28 - 0. Bill Hurley got knocked out in the first offensive series and FSU scored three late tds in the 4th quarter. Don't like the Seminoles at all!

I know the prediction thread is more for feel good predictions instead of what you really think is going to happen, but if we're being honest, this game scares me:

Peter Warwick: 34
Hakim Warwick: 20

28 - 10 Cuse! FSU will quit early and Cuse will take advantage of this. This years team is a different animal and the defense will keep us in all games moving forward.
BTW - My first game starting for Cuse was in 1978 when they beat us in Archbold 28 - 0. Bill Hurley got knocked out in the first offensive series and FSU scored three late tds in the 4th quarter. Don't like the Seminoles at all!

Were you able to get a sack, Mike?

Who was Hurley’s backup that day? Tim Wilson? I think it was too soon for Dave Warner but can’t be sure.

That pre-season was so full of hope and expectations. Then Bill got knocked out of the game. :(

Were you able to get a sack, Mike?

Who was Hurley’s backup that day? Tim Wilson? I think it was too soon for Dave Warner but can’t be sure.
Yes, Tim Wilson (who later that year led an upset of ranked Navy in the last game at Archbold).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom