FSU vs The ACC | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

FSU vs The ACC

It’s funny all of this is still going over your head. You think having Brett post you want to leave on Twitter amounts to leaving with no severe financial penalty. It’s laughable. There is no crow necessary. This is playing out like everyone on here expected. FSU has no bargaining power or legal standing so they’re hoping the Twitter universe will all feel sorry for them. Maybe they’ll win the public outcry battle, I doubt it because nobody cares.

Can someone start FSU a gofundme
Really are you a lawyer? Adding 3 new schools to the conference didn’t change the contract structure in any way? The ESPN guaranteed revenue that FSU is going for? Let’s let it play out before acting that we all know they’re locked in without 100% financial liability

FSU is laying out their basis to sue and there seems to be some merit. I never knew that the ACC media contract is only good until 2027 and ESPN has the option to extend to 2036. And, there seems to be some ACC bylaw issues that they could sue over.

I'm sure many ACC schools, including Syracuse, have been or will be contacting other conferences to see what's available to them. It will be an interesting 2024.

But if 2027 is the case, why do they even need to sue? The GOR was tied to the length of the TV contract. If it is only until 2026-27 then there should be no challenge should FSU leave before ESPN exercises their option. Why not announce now that they are leaving the ACC after 2026-27? Put the burden of proof and any lawsuit filing on ESPN/ACC.

Seems to me like FSU is just throwing a tantrum and hoping that the ACC will throw some more money their way to shut them up... and if the ACC does, it'll happen every year until they're out. Kick their ass in court and give them zero favors from now until they're out.

GB92_r5WYAEfQu2

From the lawsuit:

"By depriving its members of the full media value of their football programs the ACC has undermined its members’ ability to fund other vital sports such as women’s and Olympic sports as well as soccer, lacrosse, and tennis."

FSU out there with a straight face claiming to be too broke to fund womens' sports.

I hope that FSU pays the exit fee, and then are voted down by the B10 and SEC. I know that this isn't realistic, but a guy can dream.

When the B10 and SEC were both recently expanding, why did they not invite FSU then? If the move was viable, why did they not do it a few years back?

Really are you a lawyer? Adding 3 new schools to the conference didn’t change the contract structure in any way? The ESPN guaranteed revenue that FSU is going for? Let’s let it play out before acting that we all know they’re locked in without 100% financial liability

Just based on your 2nd sentence solidifies my belief you don’t know what you’re talking about and just throwing stuff out there. Which is fine, it’s a message board. It’s where we go to make things up on topics we haven’t actually researched. Enjoy the banter with others.

I hope that FSU pays the exit fee, and then are voted down by the B10 and SEC. I know that this isn't realistic, but a guy can dream.
The full exit fee Dan!

FSU lawsuit:

In that same first section, the ACC also promised to “[f]oster quality competitive opportunities for student-athletes in . . . championships.”

First section of the aforementioned constitution:

Foster quality competitive opportunities for student-athletes in a broad spectrum of amateur sports and championships;

I am not a lawyer, but I am thinking that "broad spectrum of amateur sports and" is relevant to the sentence lol... And broad spectrum of championships obviously includes the ACC championship. Are they going to argue with a straight face that the ACC constitution guarantees them the right to play for national championships? lol

The terms of the GOR literally spell out that adding new members doesn't affect it and gives a mechanism for adding new members. The new members are actually making all of us more money.

Edit: also I am a lawyer.

First ACC motion will likely be for change of venue from FSU's hometown court. I'm not fully up on Federal diversity rules anymore but if possible removal to Federal court is also an option.

When the B10 and SEC were both recently expanding, why did they not invite FSU then? If the move was viable, why did they not do it a few years back?

I don’t think that’s as unrealistic now as it might have been a decade ago. Those two conferences don’t really need FSU anymore. I think where they stand now, adding 1-2 more schools starts to dilute the conference, unless, the goal is to make a super conference to contend with the SEC in sheer size (talking about the B10 specifically there, obviously). But in that case, they’d need to rip apart half the ACC to make a mega conference.

Adding FSU doesn’t do much it doesn’t seem, at this point in time. What would be as funny if they were forced to go independent b/c nobody wanted them. Is if they left for $, got a B10 invite that equaled what they were getting in the ACC and it was for 10 years. So after paying off the ACC and then taking a smaller B10 share (which will happen no matter what) that they were worse off for the next 20 years trying to pay the debt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom