FSU vs The ACC | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

FSU vs The ACC

They bring up a good point that I did find hilarious in the lawsuit. FSU's evidence that the Cal/Stanford additions sucked was one year of college football rankings by one college football writer. By that logic, the SEC is dumb for not jettisoning Florida for SMU. Oh, wait, who added SMU?

They of course used a totally different line of reasoning in blasting the SMU addition.

They bring up a good point that I did find hilarious in the lawsuit. FSU's evidence that the Cal/Stanford additions sucked was one year of college football rankings by one college football writer. By that logic, the SEC is dumb for not jettisoning Florida for SMU. Oh, wait, who added SMU?

They of course used a totally different line of reasoning in blasting the SMU addition.
Yeah, that whole line of "reasoning" literally made me laugh. Total clown show going on there.

Chip Kelly was interviewed the other day and he said, look, olympic sports should stay in their regular conferences. Softball and volleyball shouldn’t be flying all over the country. FBS football is different. Form 4 divisions of 16 teams by region. Play 7 games in division and 7 out and rotate. Then have a playoff. Do away with the conferences. Seems reasonable but who is going to dissolve their conference unless the money is at least equal what you are getting now? And how do you determine who the last 5-10 teams are?

Chip Kelly was interviewed the other day and he said, look, olympic sports should stay in their regular conferences. Softball and volleyball shouldn’t be flying all over the country. FBS football is different. Form 4 divisions of 16 teams by region. Play 7 games in division and 7 out and rotate. Then have a playoff. Do away with the conferences. Seems reasonable but who is going to dissolve their conference unless the money is at least equal what you are getting now? And how do you determine who the last 5-10 teams are?
I mean it makes a lot of sense but is also totally impossible. The top teams are trying to keep all the money to themselves, so they're looking to cut off top tier expansion at like 40-50 teams. 64 is too many to satiate them.

Also the schedules are going to be so unbalanced, you can't just give four auto bids and call it a day. So now the playoff system has to get more complicated and we get more FSU type situations.

18. Notre Dame
17. FSU
16. UNC
15. Clemson
14. UVA
13. Miami

12. VT
11. Louisville
10. GT
9. NCSU
8. Pitt
7. Duke
6. Syracuse

5. Cal
4. Stanford
3. BC
2. SMU
1. Wake Forest

18. Notre Dame
17. FSU
16. UNC
15. Clemson
14. UVA
13. Miami

12. VT
11. Louisville
10. GT
9. NCSU
8. Pitt
7. Duke
6. Syracuse

5. Cal
4. Stanford
3. BC
2. SMU
1. Wake Forest
I would argue...

18. ND
17. FSU
16. Clemson
15. UNC
14. UVA
13. Miami
----
12. NC State
11. Virginia Tech
10. Louisville
9. Duke
8. Syracuse
7. Pitt
6. Georgia Tech
----
5. Cal
4. Stanford
3. BC
2. SMU
1. Wake

What I don’t understand is why is the Big12 more likely to survive than the ACC? If the ACC can survive until Big12 contract is up and be proactive about poaching I don’t see why the ACC can’t solidly claim 3rd place over the Big12.

They’ll survive because none of their members are wanted. Same way the MAC, Mountain West, Conference USA, and Sun Belt will survive.

They’ll survive because none of their members are wanted. Same way the MAC, Mountain West, Conference USA, and Sun Belt will survive.
If the ACC is gutted, then the ACC will survive by adding schools like newly made AAU USF. Maybe Tulane. Maybe Temple. Cincy, WVU, and UCF would be great additions. UConn would be fine as that would deliver a major basketball power. If both UVA and VT are gone, then JMU.

I would argue...

18. ND
17. FSU
16. Clemson
15. UNC
14. UVA
13. Miami
----
12. NC State
11. Virginia Tech
10. Louisville
9. Duke
8. Syracuse
7. Pitt
6. Georgia Tech
----
5. Cal
4. Stanford
3. BC
2. SMU
1. Wake
2 things set SMU way above BC: 1) SMU has proven it has boosters who can raise many millions of dollars to compete at the highest level of CFB; 2) the DFW TV market is loaded with top football talent, as is most of the rest of the state.

I would argue...

18. ND
17. FSU
16. Clemson
15. UNC
14. UVA
13. Miami
----
12. NC State
11. Virginia Tech
10. Louisville
9. Duke
8. Syracuse
7. Pitt
6. Georgia Tech
----
5. Cal
4. Stanford
3. BC
2. SMU
1. Wake
Why the love for Va Tech? Tradition is good. But arguably not much more than Cuse. What big TV market do they bring?

I mean it makes a lot of sense but is also totally impossible. The top teams are trying to keep all the money to themselves, so they're looking to cut off top tier expansion at like 40-50 teams. 64 is too many to satiate them.

Also the schedules are going to be so unbalanced, you can't just give four auto bids and call it a day. So now the playoff system has to get more complicated and we get more FSU type situations.
Correct. The 4 entities running this, Disney/ESPN and Fox and SEC and BT, are going to limit their final numbers to either 20 or 24 each. I think the latter. The networks then will rearrange the remaining D1 football schools into about 6 or 7 'regional' leagues of 8-12 members. A couple of those league champs will get into the playoffs each year.

None of this is new. These people have had mouthpieces on the internet preaching this as coming for a decade or more.

That's a WVU fan and any list that puts Georgia Tech in better shape than Miami, NC State, Va Tech, Pitt, and Louisville is suspect right off the bat.
All about getting into the Atlanta market.

Why the love for Va Tech? Tradition is good. But arguably not much more than Cuse. What big TV market do they bring?
TV market is not the issue. VT is a land grant that fills a 66K stadium and is in state with a lot of talent and which borders NC and MD, both also with a lot of talent. All of that makes VT more attractive than private school Syracuse.

What happened to BE football should have made clear to BE people how major CFB is structured into a hierarchy. The more you try to frame major CFB with eyes that see with basketball or NFL eyes, the more you will be off mark.

All about getting into the Atlanta market.
The SEC obviously has UGA and so does not need GT for the Atlanta market, but the SEC also will not want the BT planted in the Atlanta market with GT.

That is how and why GT right now is being talked about seriously by both SEC and BT.

Reddit and Twitter??? Great sources

Edit: actually I’ll give twitter some credit as there are some real sources there but Reddit is basically an aol chat room for the 2020s.
Like i said i have no idea who actually has real information or not but if you look at any ACC/B10/B12 board and i won’t even mention SEC you’ll find that our perception isn’t nearly as high as it is here. I’m not lying when i say we are viewed as worse than a laughing stock and if we’re being honest what do we really bring to the table as of right now?

Since joining the conference we have 3 seasons with 4 or more wins. We have losing records to everyone but WF and VT. Take a look.

The SEC obviously has UGA and so does not need GT for the Atlanta market, but the SEC also will not want the BT planted in the Atlanta market with GT.

That is how and why GT right now is being talked about seriously by both SEC and BT.
Exactly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom