FSU vs The ACC | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

FSU vs The ACC

I just read that about half a dozen ACC schools joined Florida State in the lawsuit. This is going to break up if half the teams want out, and the big one (ND) was never really "in".
Source and link, please. Thx

I feel like everyone on this thread probably has more knowledge or sense of what is happening than I on this topic. What irks me the most about the situation Cuse is in is the sense of urgency we see now in what appears to be the 11th hour. If we would have incrementally taken care of our business with facilities, fund raising and fan engagement since the mid 90’s I suspect we wouldn’t be in this mess now, and that is a bit disappointing.

There isn’t a source. That’s just what’s expected, especially if FSU is successful in challenging the GoR. Programs most linked to following suit are Clemson, Miami, NC St, UNC, UVA, VT. Those are the ones that most likely get picked up by the B10/SEC. The next group will be absorbed by B12 - Pitt, Louisville, GT, Duke (Unless picked up by B10), and we have to hope we’re picked up as well.

I'm surprised. I thought FSU would really lock in on beating Georgia so that they could claim they were national championship caliber even though not in the playoff. Doesn't seem to be developing that way.
Yeah, great time to make a statement. Instead, feels like they’re taking their ball and going home. Little bit of quit in there and some built in excuses.

Whatever, regardless, the long term future of college football is going to change from its current state. Only thing we can do is get better, quickly, to maximize our position in whichever shift comes next.

Ugh this makes me ill just thinking about it.
I agree with the general consensus, but Nancy isn't why we got kicked out of the AAU. Buzz let both the football program and university reputation atrophy over the 90s and early 00s. Nancy wasn't great, obviously, but she just was left sitting in the chair when the music stopped.

Though I have to laugh. My understanding is that Cal and Stanford are leaders in the AAU. FSU is never getting in now and I hear they're desperately trying to.

There isn’t a source. That’s just what’s expected, especially if FSU is successful in challenging the GoR. Programs most linked to following suit are Clemson, Miami, NC St, UNC, UVA, VT. Those are the ones that most likely get picked up by the B10/SEC. The next group will be absorbed by B12 - Pitt, Louisville, GT, Duke (Unless picked up by B10), and we have to hope we’re picked up as well.
Fair enough
But his direct quote was: " I just read that about half a dozen ACC schools joined Florida State in the lawsuit".
That's not speculation, that's a statement of fact. So what's the source?
Even if that's what's "expected" to happen, and I think that depends on the FSU lawsuit getting some mileage, I still wouldn't state it as though it's ALREADY happened...which it hasn't.
There's lots of folks out there who post with an agenda. Every rumor should not be highlighted as fact, that's all I'm saying. JMHO

Fair enough
But his direct quote was: " I just read that about half a dozen ACC schools joined Florida State in the lawsuit".
Even if that's what's "expected" to happen, and I think that depends on the FSU lawsuit getting some mileage, I still wouldn't state it as though it's ALREADY happened...which it hasn't.
There's lots of folks out there who post with an agenda. Every rumor should not be highlighted as fact, that's all I'm saying. JMHO
100%. Lots of definitive takes based on Twitter propaganda and message board posts. Everyone take a deep breath.

100%. Lots of definitive takes based on Twitter propaganda and message board posts. Everyone take a deep breath.
Those WVU psychopaths have been predicting the ACC's destruction for over 10 years now. It's almost impressive to be as wrong as they are as often. Like you'd think they'd hit on a bet at some point.

Fair enough
It's so pathetic. Like if those schools JOINED a lawsuit the filings would be publicly viewable for all to see. Honestly at this point anyone with a Twitter blue check is a loser who isn't worth listening to. Imagine paying for Twitter.

Reddit is so weird. The general consensus is that it is horrible that Washington State and Oregon State are left out and the Pac being destroyed, and it is, but they're giddy over the ACC's demise and schools being left out.
Cause it’s Reddit which is basically a bunch of dudes who live in their parents basement at 30

I saw it on Twitter, from someone who I thought was a sportswriter. I'll look for proof for you.
(Or you could try this Google thing. I hear it's pretty good at finding things ...)

Greg Swaim, who I see that others have discounted I believe on this thread.

He's a guy who has been covering college sports in Oklahoma for 30+ years.
Some might feel like he's another Brent Axe, I don't know. But that's at least 1 place I saw it.

I also see an article in a Roanoke, VA newspaper asking whether Louisville and Va Tech should be looking to leave, as well. So, the talk is beginning out there in local newspapers.

I know academia isn’t what it used to be, but, the Big 12 is a probable pay cut, no network and will be renegotiated in 2029 if not sooner. Doesn’t seem sturdy.

I know academia isn’t what it used to be, but, the Big 12 is a probable pay cut, no network and will be renegotiated in 2029 if not sooner. Doesn’t seem sturdy.
Reddit and Twitter go by vibes and then momentum takes over. It’s easy to get caught up in the mentality that if everyone is saying it, it must be true.

Greg Swaim, who I see that others have discounted I believe on this thread.

He's a guy who has been covering college sports in Oklahoma for 30+ years.
Some might feel like he's another Brent Axe, I don't know. But that's at least 1 place I saw it.

I also see an article in a Roanoke, VA newspaper asking whether Louisville and Va Tech should be looking to leave, as well. So, the talk is beginning out there in local newspapers.
The talk has been around for several years. Also courts have been closed everywhere since Friday afternoon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom