FSU vs The ACC | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

FSU vs The ACC

with more and more people leaving cable/sat and revenue going down if the 7 leave just where do they go that adding them adds 500 million a yr to anyones revenue?

The B10 got the new schools by giving them next to nothing for years.

Since the thing they are trying to break was made by them in an attempt to make a not-breakable thing, who left the loophole out that they can find?

So glad we’re going to be in a glorified version of Conference USA when all these teams leave.
I wouldn’t assume that just because we aren’t appearing to be actively leading the effort to break the GOR, that we will be left behind. This situation is much more threatening to the survival of the bigger programs in our conference than us.

However, if I understand it correctly the ACC payout in aggregate increases with the addition of three programs in 2024. And with those three programs taking a greatly reduced payment, doesn’t that increase the per capita revenue for the 14 current schools?
I believe the number generally agreed upon is a $2 million/year bump for all established members….

Most of the ACC will be rooting for UGA. ;)
All of civilization will be rooting for UGa. Yes, FSU fans are not considered to be civilized.

Cro-Magnon is being generous. But since it is the holidays, I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Team History GIF by ClickUp

but the B12 will get to renegotiate 7 years sooner which is the big difference since it’s almost a lock they will negotiate a much better deal until the ACC (Hopefully) has a chance to negotiate in 2036.
The Big 12 has to renegotiate in an environment where the payouts may start declining due to streaming overtaking cable, and without Texas and Oklahoma juicing up the payout. Generally I'd lean towards that being advantageous for the ACC.

Sorry if I hit a nerve. Not my intention at all.
Bottom line, before you start posting about nonsense you "read somewhere" without offering any context or source, you might wanna do some research. Comprende?
In fact I just " read somewhere" that the Big 10 and SEC will be joining the NFL next year! Proof? I have none...just figured I'd pass it on!
See how idiotic that sounds? Seriously, it's not that hard. Sheesh.

Ha. Well, not all "read somewhere" are created equal. Some, could end up being true like Ithaca's, whereas your particular example is 100% poppycock. :)

Edit: I just wanted to use the word poppycock. :)

FSU is going down in flames against Georgia and the Committee will say, told you so.
FSU would rather lose without their full squad so they have an excuse. “The Committee did this to us! Not our fault. That’s why we have to move conferences, so we don’t have players bailing on our whiny program during the postseason.” :rolleyes: Yada yada ACC yada yada need more $$ yada yada

Honestly, it’s like the entire program just gave up on the postseason after the selection show snub. If there was no money in the bowl game, they probably would have declined it and gone home. All the school cares about is the payout $$$. Winning the game is secondary.

Probably the best decision for that kid…get out of that clown show. Why play for a fanbase that will judge you for who you aren’t? Hmmm…sounds like Ohio State.

All of civilization will be rooting for UGa. Yes, FSU fans are not considered to be civilized.

Cro-Magnon is being generous. But since it is the holidays, I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Team History GIF by ClickUp
I, on the other hand will be rooting for FSU to beat UGA and beat them handily and mercilessly.

Why you ask?

Because, if you think that Seminole World is mad now, just wait until they beat Georgia 45-10.

Then, they will be so incensed (and the angrier and more miserable they all are, the happier I will be) at the fact they were left out of the playoff that they may not just try to secede from the ACC, Seminole nation may try to secede from the union - perhaps even from the planet...

And I will laugh and laugh and laugh...

Hey, as long the contract pays us $30-40 million a year instead of the $3M a year being paid to the Big East.

Sorry to reply to myself, but if you think the ACC contract - even without Florida State or Clemson - is going to fall off a map, I just don't see it. The Big 12 is at more risk than the ACC. We still have the majority of the population along the East Coast.

Last edited:
If you really wanted to prove you belonged in the playoff, beating Georgia would make a good argument. Doesn’t sound like they think they can win.

I, on the other hand will be rooting for FSU to beat UGA and beat them handily and mercilessly.

Why you ask?

Because, if you think that Seminole World is mad now, just wait until they beat Georgia 45-10.

Then, they will be so incensed (and the angrier and more miserable they all are, the happier I will be) at the fact they were left out of the playoff that they may not just try to secede from the ACC, Seminole nation may try to secede from the union - perhaps even from the planet...

And I will laugh and laugh and laugh...
This could be a most entertaining scenario if the FSU fans decide that they truly are seminoles and so deserve their now state as reparations.

FSU's starting QB (the 2nd stringer who replaced Jordan) is sitting out the game cuz portal...

I wonder about the team culture. A chance to finish 14-0...and you bail?

It's all about the money. Why risk my portal/NIL opportunities if there's no chance for a national championship?
CFB is slowly and surely rotting before our eyes- and we're powerless to stop it.
I hate to think what the landscape will look like in the next 10 years...and whether I'll even give a damn, unless it's SU related of course.

Sorry to reply to myself, but if you think the ACC contract - even without Florida State or Clemson - is going to fall off a map, I just don't see it. The Big 12 is at more risk that the ACC. We still have the majority of the population along the East Coast.
Nobody watches BC or Wake - just for starters. Being located near a lot of people has meaning in itself. The key is having proven viewers. Ok St, for example, has many more proven viewers for its football than BC and Wake and Dook.

It's all about the money. Why risk my portal/NIL opportunities if there's no chance for a national championship?
CFB is slowly and surely rotting before our eyes- and we're powerless to stop it.
I hate to think what the landscape will look like in the next 10 years...and whether I'll even give a damn, unless it's SU related of course.
It is being murdered. By global corporate greed that makes Gordon Gekko look normal.

I’m not sure how it will happen, but I think it will get better by then. The current trajectory isn’t sustainable. If there’s one thing anyone can count on with college football it is that it will change. It’s always changing apparently.

Saw a tweet that FSU thought they could get out of the ACC for $100M, 3 schools would do the same.

Any merit?

I’m not sure how it will happen, but I think it will get better by then. The current trajectory isn’t sustainable. If there’s one thing anyone can count on with college football it is that it will change. It’s always changing apparently.
But will we be part of that final product, or on the outside looking in? I'll like to think our chances are good, and honestly, our best chance will be if the ACC plays it's cards right. Needless to say, FSU is really effin' up this conference's chance to stay viable. Selfish basturds!

But will we be part of that final product, or on the outside looking in? I'll like to think our chances are good, and honestly, our best chance will be if the ACC plays it's cards right. Needless to say, FSU is really effin' up this conference's chance to stay viable. Selfish basturds!
I don’t think there is a “final product”, I think it is forever changing. Assuming the P2 thing is realized and we all move to a more NFL model, even that will change eventually. People refuse to leave college football alone and it’s always being tinkered with.

Saw a tweet that FSU thought they could get out of the ACC for $100M, 3 schools would do the same.

Any merit?
I would think $100 million would be a bargain vs the $500 million they're on the hook for.
I cannot, under any circumstances, see the ACC agreeing to $100 million and if they ever did, they deserve to be put out of their misery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom