FSU VS VIRGINIA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

FSU VS VIRGINIA

tried to tell people playing zone vs UVA is playing right into UVA's hands...
FSU got up in jerome and guys and hunters grills and held to 59 points in man defense.
pressed full-court...NEVER LEFT SHOOTERS...

UVA still got a few nice shots - they are decent -but when they don't have wide open 3s they are uber-beatable.

The defense is fine. Not the best zone, but fine. We are 24th in the country in defensive efficiency.

Unfortunately we are 59th in offensive efficiency. We need to score easier and score more than what we have the past few years.

Last edited:
We won’t though.

And if we go big picture, is Leonard Hamilton’s philosophy on that proven to be better than Jim Boeheim’s?

I think a 3 guard rotation is perfect if you have the right guys.

I don't believe it's better. But I think it should something to do throughout the first half and more during the early season(though that part is changing with the new 20 game conference schedule). Go mainly with the starters in the 2nd half and sub in whoever showed the hottest hand in the first. I think it will be 4 guards rotating between the two guard positions, with Washington being odd man out.

Carey 23-25 minutes
Buddy 25-28 minutes
Goodine 12-15 minutes
Girrard 12-15 minutes

With some seeing more or less, depending if anyone shows to have a hot hand or is doing some damage.

I do not like either one of these teams but I hate or I despise I should say Virginia even more and it seems like every time they have a great team going into the tournament, they lay an egg and it looks possible like that could happen again hahaha

Theme song for bracket strategy with UVA

First half vs UVA we gave them a few wide open looks, second half we were in their face and they still made them. Have to tip their cap
of their 18 made 3s...maybe 5 were with a hand in the face, imo...you're undercounting the amount of wide open looks uva got because of the zone principles SU employs.

I'm not saying never play zone - but against certain teams a la THIS UVA team - zone is never going to work.

not many teams are as big or as good on defense as FSU - if any - so its not just as easy as playing man vs UVA to beat them - not saying that either...although SU is as tall as anyone in the country...and oughta be able to create some good matchups in man if they wanted to...

but it is so clear how to beat UVA - doing it is still diffcult - but the game plan for them is so obvious, imo - and it shouldn;t involve a zone. like not at all.

I'm not saying never play zone - but against certain teams a la THIS UVA team - zone is never going to work.
" your honor i've marked this last tape as exhibit 3A. dated march 4th 2019. i wish it entered into evidence..."

we've put three guards on the court plenty sliding 1 to swing.

Hughes is more of a guard than a forward - so we really have a 3 guards starting right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom