Fun @ Maryland ... | Syracusefan.com

Fun @ Maryland ...

OrangeInduktion

Walk On
I grew up in Md and my only time living anywhere else was my time at Syracuse. I can only think of one other time we've played each other in the last 15 years so was obviously looking forward to it. I took my 12 year old son and his buddy and were lucky enough to get some great seats behind the Md bench right by the tunnel where the SU team came in / out. We were given the seats by someone with connections to the MD team and ended up sitting with a bunch of the Md players parents and former Md players. I talked to Byron Mouton who played on the Md National Championship team. Very nice guy and listening to him and a buddy gush over Tyler Ennis and CJ was a pretty funny. Really liked when they asked where CJ was from and I told them Baltimore...they couldnt believe CJ and Grant "got away" My son worked every chance to high five players coming in and out of the tunnel but wasnt having much luck. After the game he went down to the rail and waited as they ran in. CJ was pulled to the side to do an interview by ESPN right in front of him and I guess CJ saw that he was wearing a #5 Orange jersey. When the interview ended, CJ walked over and high fived a few fans just before going down to my son and handing him his headband ! It didnt matter that it was soaking wet with sweat...he still put it on ! Definitely made his night very special ! We have some good kids on this team...particularly CJ, Baye and Grant seemed to make an effort to look out for the young fans.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to share ! GO Orange !
bencj1.jpg

Orange and Red don't go together.

Last edited:
I grew up in Md and my only time living anywhere else was my time at Syracuse. I can only think of one other time we've played each other in the last 15 years so was obviously looking forward to it. I took my 12 year old son and his buddy and were lucky enough to get some great seats behind the Md bench right by the tunnel where the SU team came in / out. We were given the seats by someone with connections to the MD team and ended up sitting with a bunch of the Md players parents and former Md players. I talked to Byron Mouton who played on the Md National Championship team. Very nice guy and listening to him and a buddy gush over Tyler Ennis and CJ was a pretty funny. Really liked when they asked where CJ was from and I told them Baltimore...they couldnt believe CJ and Grant "got away" My son worked every chance to high five players coming in and out of the tunnel but wasnt having much luck. After the game he went down to the rail and waited as they ran in. CJ was pulled to the side to do an interview by ESPN right in front of him and I guess CJ saw that he was wearing a #5 Orange jersey. When the interview ended, CJ walked over and high fived a few fans just before going down to my son and handing him his headband ! It didnt matter that it was soaking wet with sweat...he still put it on ! Definitely made his night very special ! We have some good kids on this team...particularly CJ, Baye and Grant seemed to make an effort to look out for the young fans.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to share ! GO Orange !
View attachment 8432

Thanks for the post, that made my day! It's always heartening to see players go out of their way to show their appreciation of fans, especially young ones. Congrats on the awesome seats, but was it hard cheering where you were?

lol nice. Just dont add the blood like you did to Beadle's cat ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom