Fun trip down memory lane ... | Syracusefan.com

Fun trip down memory lane ...

I remember each one of those games (I bet everyone on this board does), where I watched them, etc.

Couple things:

-Still unbelievable that Melo had a career-high in points in a National Semifinal game.
-Miss those out of conference games in the middle of the season (Michigan St)
-The Pitt game has to be one of the top 5 games in Syracuse history, at least regular season and/or at The Dome

Had season tickets that year. Can't forget dominating Chris Bosh and GT. Also the win at Michigan State (Chris Hill 3's). All the home games were pretty insane.

the win at home vs Georgia Tech 92 to 65 was epic, beating the hoyas 3 times as well, and I remember whooping west virgina twice that year, plus the win at notre dame and how edelin owned chris thomas, just a heck of a season!!!

He forgot #21: The Marriott in New Orleans ran out of beer.
Based on his #18-20, I assume he was in Syracuse and not NOLA. He probably missed the bizarre experience of the Marriott running out of beer. Actually, the Marriott that night.. is one of my favorite memories of that season. What a crazy, crowded, happy scene. Impossible to explain it to anyone who was not there.

CTO I remember talking to you at the pre party in Atlanta before the michigan game, you said to me in line at the buffet line "if we win tonight come back to the team hotel., because NOLA was crazy" god i wish things would have been different that night. ::((

Good, but a tad disappointing to see even a Syracuse fan perpetuate the myth that free throw shooting cost KU that game. At the rate they were getting o-rebs and then converting on those FT attempts, it was the most effective offense they possibly could have run. I'd wager their points-per-FT-attempt had them easily in the 80+ effective FT percentage range.

Based on his #18-20, I assume he was in Syracuse and not NOLA. He probably missed the bizarre experience of the Marriott running out of beer. Actually, the Marriott that night.. is one of my favorite memories of that season. What a crazy, crowded, happy scene. Impossible to explain it to anyone who was not there.

He was about 17 at the time of the game...

Re #3 & the Craig Nasties - was this the season in which you declared yourself Craig's cousin and considered any attack on him to be an attack on yourself?
A good.list - the only other significant memory I can dredge up is that of Jeremy McNeil walking around during the post-game celebration kind of isolated, not looking too gregarious. Later he'd say he was thinking of his mother who had passed away (during that season?).

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Actually, the Marriott that night.. is one of my favorite memories of that season. What a crazy, crowded, happy scene. Impossible to explain it to anyone who was not there.

I still remember giving you a hug while you were trying to wolf down a piece of pizza.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe we were not ranked for good until we beat Miami on Super Bowl Sunday.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe we were not ranked for good until we beat Miami on Super Bowl Sunday.
We weren't ranked until 2/3 -- after we beat Pitt on 2/1