funderburke picks cuse per hs coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

funderburke picks cuse per hs coach

FWIW, neither Funderburk or his mother are speaking on the subject. Only the hs coach.

Great news.

Three great pickups over the past few days.

That sounds like DM asked/told them not to talk about it until he is officially enrolled. Or preferably not until a year after he graduates from Syracuse.
Funderburke and his mother have been saying all along that they will make an official announcement on the 20th, which is the day before SU's summer session starts. This has been a fun week with Provo, Funderburke, and Williams all looking like commits.

Good call by Knight and Bnoro they were on this one early.
Let's hope our embedded reporting staff continues to churn out the news before the regular outlets are given their handouts. Keep up the great work gentleman!!

Next......

i will never understand why all the secrecy re commitments
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that coaches can't talk about specific recruits per NCAA rules.

Let's hope our embedded reporting staff continues to churn out the news before the regular outlets are given their handouts. Keep up the great work gentleman!!

Next......
The guys on this board are pretty awesome with knowing stuff before everyone else.

64give_yourself_a_pat_on_the_back-1.jpg

Thanks to Jaston George for befriending Funderburke sometime between 1993 and 2011, committing to Syracuse in 2010, and convincing QF to join him.

Long time lurker, infrequent poster. Have a bit of information which i'm not sure was shared with the board previously. The coach of Oscar Smith is a born and bred CNYer and was a big Syracuse fan growing up. He grew up in Auburn and graduated from Auburn High School in 1987. Played varsity football and baseball at AHS for 3 years each. His family (parents and one brother) still lives in the area and his brother is the principal of Auburn High School currently.

Point being, imo, this connection between Oscar Smith and Syracuse football didn't just happen through complete coincidence and i am hopeful that this pipeline will continue into the future. Based upon the state of HS football in that area and the players put into D-1 this connection could pay great dividends.

As far as the information about him committing only being verified by his coach, i know factually that this coach is a no b.s. guy and if he said it i would bet on it being true.

Thanks for all of the information you guys provide. I love the board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom