Future Campus Framework Presentation... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Presentation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly question:

If they eliminate all the South Campus housing, where will all the athletes live?

Miles away from Manley / Melo Center / IPF?
I knew the minute I typed that I should have been more clear. I doubt they will get rid of all of it, but the I think the box apts may be the first to go. They may also raze it and have a private developer come on and refurb sections. Not sure how many beds south has, but the number I heard was 2700 moved to north. Perhaps there's more than that now, and some will be left as a athletes village?

By the time this is completed, SU will have dropped football or be playing the equivalent of Ivy League football.
No kidding. I actually said out loud, I hope I'm alive to see it all.

Cuseregular said:
how exciting we'll have the only stadium in the country with virtually no parking so instead of catering to the fan base to make things easier, they'd rather continue to make it harder and harder for its' fans to attend. This is great news. Great business plan. :bang::bat:

The parking thing amazes me with some of you, but I get it, we're all different.

Pick stadium after stadium, and google image search aerial images. There are many, nearly all that I picked and many in the acc, with little to no parking around them. I guess all of these schools are in the business of making it hard for the fans to get there.

OrangeXtreme said:
If they plan on shuttling everyone from south campus parking to the Dome, it would explain why they want to make the new annex between the Dome and Archbold the new main entrance.

How would they get all those buses and people into that area? Insane.

you could buy a lot of limos driving people where they need to go for a little sliver of the money they're dumping in the dome. it's not like there's any parking as it is.

Which is fine, since the facility is paid for.

What's the business case on a couple of hundred million dollar entertainment facility, heavily dependent on outside attendees, buried inside a pedestrian oriented campus, that is going to be harder than ever to get to.

Well if you had buses coming from South/Manley and Armory Square. Would it be easier for people to get do/from the Dome and then back out onto the highways after events?

Millhouse said:
in 25 years, they might have fleets of driverless cars/buses/obiwanmobiles getting everyone where they need to go when they need to go. might not need parking next to main campus

Johnny Cabs from Total Recall, without the chit chat.

I think it will be pneumatic tubes.
there was an 8 foot tall creepy as hell transportation distribution management professor with no concept of personal space who beat the drum every class about mag lev trains. still waiting

What's the business case on a couple of hundred million dollar entertainment facility, heavily dependent on outside attendees, buried inside a pedestrian oriented campus, that is going to be harder than ever to get to.
Wanna get real angry, when the 81 overpass gets reworked, say To a Blvd, that's a 5 years process. Gonna be fun to get to campus without that access point for 5 years

jr4750 said:
Haha, I was told tonight that Kent said he's never had a worst first impression of a university than he had on Marshall street. I think change is coming there as well.

I imagine him thinking you should have a bar called 44s, right there in the middle. Maybe a pizza place on the corner instead of another stupid Starbucks.

Welcome to NYS Mr. Chancellor.

you know how i feel about the business case for spending that kind of money on this junk

in the short run i agree with you. in the long run, who knows what kind of solutions there will be

there was an 8 foot tall creepy as hell transportation distribution management professor with no concept of personal space who beat the drum every class about mag lev trains. still waiting

Ted Wallin?

Wanna get real angry, when the 81 overpass gets reworked, say To a Blvd, that's a 5 years process. Gonna be fun to get to campus without that access point for 5 years
Oy vey. Shiny new stadium without any way to get to it or any place to park? Brilliant

Why was this presentation in DC and who was the audience? And who gave the presentation. Thanks.

Tonight in DC, I listen to a presentation on the evolution of the campus, including dome renovations over the next 25 years. Very interesting to see a visual representation of the renovations and look at the future. Should you be ticked off about lack of parking now, steer clear of this presentation. What's left is going bye bye. However, south campus may become that huge lot we all have been waiting for. Take a look at it if you can, I think our beloved campus is in for some big time changes.

Also for those who loved lectures in Grant Auditorium, say your goodbyes soon!

you see, what we are going to do is...we are NOT going to eliminate all the parking and tailgating joys the Meadowlands (what you now enjoy) provides. we are also going to use all the inherent advantages New Jersey (not parking on campus) can offer in regards to buses, trains and even ferries...in order to get you easily to the perfect location for a stadium which is Manhattan (campus). the reason being, a few, yet quite vocal and moneylined pocketpeople...want their way...

OburgOrange said:
Any mass transit for game days?

Ever watch the jetsons as a kid?

Maybe they'll do something like Hartsfield-Jackson airport with tunnel walkways with moving walkway escalators to shuffle people from parking to the campus?

History of SU athletics along the interior walls with videos playing of great moments of the various programs history.
OK - I know you're just messing around, but that would be cool. Make it a media experience.

This whole scenario makes great financial sense for the university. I think people underestimate the coolness of having all the fans parking in one location for parking and overestimate the issues in getting people to the games.

By the time this is completed, SU will have dropped football or be playing the equivalent of Ivy League football.
th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors