Future Campus Framework Presentation... | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Presentation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that many posters here have better sources/intel than I do...but I've heard that the Dome renovations plans might be pared back due to financial concerns. Completing the revisions might be the hold-up?
thankyou mayor miner. if that is true that very well maybe the last nail in the coffin for some fans, coaches and recruits---hope it aint so.

If we are waiting on state money, I'm afraid it's gonna be a long wait.​

MONORAIL !!!

I'm pretty sure they're talking about an aerial tram/skylift similar to what you see at ski resorts. It's probably the only way to connect the two sites. I hope this plan also includes a sky lift to move people within the fair as well. All the other top state fairs have those systems. It would be incredibly shortsighted to only focus on the amphitheater connection and neglect the fact that the grounds are too vast for many to walk. The director said they were looking into an RFP for private operators for an an east-west skylift down the broadway corridor, but this was before the state got involved with phase 2.

MONORAIL !!!

I can't see how gondolas will work there. Romantic yes...but not practical! They'd have to flood the parking lots and then there would be no parking..
upload_2017-1-18_7-22-29.png

I have asked that question to many people, and implored the syracuse.com writer (Don Cazentre) to find that out for months. The one line he provided in yesterdays article, regarding the proposal for 721 S. Crouse Ave., is the most I have seen. I know that money in the CNY regional economic win from last year was tied to this, somewhere in the 2.4 million range. Basically, I have no idea what is happening.

A GD Gondola??? That's practical... Cheezus H Rice, what idiot sits in the back room and thinks of this . . . . .
I'm with you on this. It seems chintzy/gimmicky to me. So many better ways to spend money.

I'm with you on this. It seems chintzy/gimmicky to me. So many better ways to spend money.
Actually...there are people-mover Gondolas which are very practical. They are much less expensive than a rail system and can move lots of people at relatively decent speeds. They don't require nearly as much infrastructure on the ground as other forms of transportation and much less disruption of existing infrastructure.

High-Speed Gondola Proposed to Link Brooklyn, Manhattan

Austin Ponders an Urban Gondola

Actually...there are people-mover Gondolas which are very practical. They are much less expensive than a rail system and can move lots of people at relatively decent speeds. They don't require nearly as much infrastructure on the ground as other forms of transportation and much less disruption of existing infrastructure.

High-Speed Gondola Proposed to Link Brooklyn, Manhattan

Austin Ponders an Urban Gondola
Ok, 5,000 people an hour in the most densely populated city in America. You think you're going to get one of the same size in Syracuse? No way. What good is it going to be to move 1,000 people to one entry point at the Lakeview Ampitheater for a 15k-20k show? 20x's per year? You gonna be a GD Gondola paddler for 20 days worth of work in Upstate NY.

It's not practical for the intended use, complete waste of resources.

Ok, 5,000 people an hour in the most densely populated city in America. You think you're going to get one of the same size in Syracuse? No way. What good is it going to be to move 1,000 people to one entry point at the Lakeview Ampitheater for a 15k-20k show? 20x's per year? You gonna be a GD Gondola paddler for 20 days worth of work in Upstate NY.

It's not practical for the intended use, complete waste of resources.
I'd love to see one from the Armory to the Dome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom