Future Head Coaching Candidates Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Future Head Coaching Candidates Thread

exactly. syracuse and kansas already face a top ten buzzsaw gauntlet called conference play. the MVC comparatively is a pillow fight. power conferences don't need to visit mid-majors to face quality competition. we face it every night. it's they who need to swallow a little pride and come play us if they want to bump up those embarrassing SOS numbers. no home and home warriors. you "come out and play"

The+Warriors.jpg

Your timing on this rant is amusing. Wichita State, which was grossly under-seeded, just played one of the top teams in the country with three first round draft picks on their team, to a total standstill. WS would have easily rolled teams like FSU, UVA, ND, some of that "quality competition" you referenced. The fact that WS was a three point dog to UK tells you all you need to know.

I think Mike White at Florida should get a look, I think one of his first calls as an assistant should be to Patrick Beilein at Lemoyne
So you actually think that Syracuse is a more desirable job than Florida? Aside from the obvious fact that the weather is so much better there, they have a strong program with more national championships, etc. I can't see it happening.

So you actually think that Syracuse is a more desirable job than Florida? Aside from the obvious fact that the weather is so much better there, they have a strong program with more national championships, etc. I can't see it happening.
If Florida wins a couple more national championships, football will still be king there.

I do actually, nicer facilities, bigger fan base for basketball, better education, more history and tradition other than the one more championship. Don't know if we'll be able to pay more than Florida but that's about it

It's not like that area isn't still a hotbed of talent. In our backyard, with kids who grow up watching Syracuse.

We cannot out-recruit Duke, Kansas, UNC or Kentucky on a national level. There is a possibility that we could own the NYC/NJ area in a way that we have not in recent years. I like Danny Hurley because of his (and his father's) strong ties to NJ high school basketball. Not sure Danny Hurley is the best choice for that strategy but he is the first name that comes to mind. Or bring in Bobby Hurley from Buffalo to be HCIW for one season under JB and then take over in 2018-19...just spit balling here.