Future Head Coaching Candidates Thread | Syracusefan.com

Future Head Coaching Candidates Thread

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Serious predictions/options only please.

Whether JB's here for 1 more year or 3, we need to start thinking about the future. Who's realistic and provides us a favorable future, keeping money in mind. I don't believe SU will give us the wallet that other programs of our calibre are granted.

Whether JB's here for 1 more year or 3, we need to start thinking about the future. Who's realistic and provides us a favorable future, keeping money in mind. I don't believe SU will give us the wallet that other programs of our calibre are granted.
We are a wealthy private school with obscene tuition with Basketball one of our major images and we won't pay competitive ACC salaries? Are we in or out? Committed or not? This is outrageous. I want my money back.

Who's going to be the hot commodity 3-5 years from now?

Impossible to tell.

Not entirely impossible. Plus, only recruiting and a few other hints can give us an idea of how long JB plans to stay. I'd still say over 2 years is more than unlikely.

That being said, I'll help kick off the suggestions.

Coach Altman from Oregon. Very solid recruiter and has built a great program out of Oregon.

We've never had ACC money before, and we've frankly never had to pay a basketball coach. We lucked out with JB. But Wildhack and Syverud...I just can't see them letting Syracuse basketball die.

If Syracuse commits to paying a coach, then we could have our pick. We would be the biggest opening almost any year.

Collins, Mack, Holtmann are my top 3.

I nominate the numerous experts on here who act like they know so much about coaching everytime we lose. Throw your hats in the ring you offensive sets gurus and defense changing connoisseurs, and masters of human psychology and experts on motivating 20 year old men!

We are a wealthy private school with obscene tuition with Basketball one of our major images and we won't pay competitive ACC salaries? Are we in or out? Committed or not? This is outrageous. I want my money back.

Again...dramatic. Take a nap.

I'd be curious to see what Archie Miller can do in a big-league program, although he's probably too small-beans to be considered for Syracuse.

Not a bad thought at all. It's impressive what he's achieved and sustained at Dayton. Only reason I'd throw him out of consideration is a lack of proven high calibre recruiting.

I'd be curious to see what Archie Miller can do in a big-league program, although he's probably too small-beans to be considered for Syracuse.

A-10 coaches often do great when they get a P5 budget and media spotlight. Miller would be fine.

Listening to a national show and they're saying Gmac is a candidate to take over for JB. Please don't let this be true.

2389983-luke_noooooo.jpg

Listening to a national show and they're saying Gmac is a candidate to take over for JB. Please don't let this be true.

Does The Onion do a radio program now?
That scenario makes zero sense.

I'd think that Red is ahead of GMac on the totem pole.

In 2006, Autry and his family moved to Northern Virginia. In Northern Virginia, Autry began his coaching career as the associate head coach at Bishop Ireton Catholic High School. In the spring of 2007, Autry became involved in the AAU circuit, by becoming the coach of the 14-Under squad with NOVA United.

During the 2007-2008 school year, Autry was named an assistant coach at Paul VI High School. In 2008, Autry switched AAU teams and became an assistant coach for the 17-Under AAU squad Team Takeover.

In the fall of 2008, Autry was hired by Virginia Tech's Head Men's Basketball coach Seth Greenberg [16] as the Director of Basketball Operations. Autry held that position for two years and was then promoted to assistant basketball coach for the Hokies. In the spring of 2010, Autry was on his way to the University of Dayton [2][17] to become the associate head coach under Archie Miller. However, he never made it there. A position with his alma mater Syracuse University[18] became available when Rob Murphy (basketball) was named the head coach at Eastern Michigan University. Autry quickly accepted the position and remains there now.[19][20] Autry currently coaches and develops the forwards position.

I'd think that Red is ahead of GMac on the totem pole.

There's no way GMac is getting the HC job, but I guess the question is - who (if anybody) is going out West with Hopkins? Is AA joining him?

I nominate the numerous experts on here who act like they know so much about coaching everytime we lose. Throw your hats in the ring you offensive sets gurus and defense changing connoisseurs, and masters of human psychology and experts on motivating 20 year old men!
They should all bow to you and your opinion