Future season attendance | Syracusefan.com

Future season attendance

Cuse44

Walk On
I’ve been a season ticket holder since McNabb era and given the mediocrity with the program with little evidence it will improve I wonder if fans will come back or decide that TV isn’t that bad vs trekking to dome in 10 degree weather. I think many season ticket holders headed ‘south’ this year who normally would stay home to go to games. I’m honestly on the fence - can’t imagine I’m alone. We can watch 18-13 teams on TV and be OK with that

Syracuse Basketball is what Syracuse people do and look forward to in the winter. 40 degrees or -5 with winds.

We will always have crowds for decent games. Doubt we see 25,000 + for anyone not named Duke unless our local billionaire artificially pumps the count with celebrity guest appearances.

It’s very sad such a loyal fanbase has been taken for granted.

This is part of the does Boeheim stay or go question, at least it has to be from Wildhack's perspective. People will "vote" and make their voices heard with their hard-earned money. The glitz won't be enough with a poor product. How exciting would the Chicago Bulls' introductions have been without Jordan and/or a winning team? We need a worthy show once the lights are up...not, "meh.":(

I agree it’s ‘what we do’ but this yr we were given alternatives (not by choice). I’d be shocked if some didn’t miss it as much as we think. Especially with so so quality. 10 degrees isn’t that bad when we were top 10 .

Syracuse season ticket holders are already paid up for next year minus any donations. My question is can you get a refund after rolling it over to next year? I haven’t missed the two hour drives to the Dome.

Would think the chance to be in the new "dome" would be an incentive for many people.
You might think that. Speaking for myself, it’s not. I was, however, considering season tickets again when Dior announced for SU. ( I had season ball for about 20 years, FB for 15 or so. I don’t have either now.)
Players like him, Benny, Clignan, etc., rather than amenities, would get me back to the Dome, on at least a regular basis, if not every game.

My parents are likely giving up their tickets after close to five decades of attending games. It kills me that I won't be able to attend games when I come up to visit. Especially football...40 yd line seats, first level; basketball seats not nearly as good, but good enough for any reasonable fan. There is more to it than recent performance (health concerns being a biggie), but it is absolutely part of their calculus. It makes me sad, really. Only past memories now...no new memories to be made.

Young fans really haven’t seen SU when they were a factor. It’s easy to find other ways to spend their money. Who wants to drop ten grand for level A seats when you see the current product on the floor. The next coach better be able to relate to fans and play a style more enjoyable to what we’re currently seeing. He won’t have the luxury or benefit of the doubt.

I think it's kind of funny how putting a new roof on the dome (for the most part to date) constitutes a new "dome." Hey, I just put a new roof on my house, I hope I can get the marketplace to buy in that it's a new "house." ;):)

Well, given the fact that the ROOF is actually what makes it a DOME -
and not just another stadium -

is where your weak house analogy fails.

I have said for years thank you to our season ticket holders.
I am football season ticket holder but it’s cheap.
I am sure basketball is more expensive.
These people have stayed with program while some really unappealing brand of basketball has been played.
This year’s team isn’t unappealing to watch but the players are out of position to maintain mediocrity.

On a side note: are there going to be fans in the Dome this week? I know the state is now allowing it but haven’t heard a peep from the university if they’re allowing fans (students) in or not.

On a side note: are there going to be fans in the Dome this week? I know the state is now allowing it but haven’t heard a peep from the university if they’re allowing fans (students) in or not.
It looks like NO fans. The plan hasn’t been approved.

I have seasons so I can go to the 5-6 games a year I want and will continue to do so. Do any die hards go to all the games (or close to it) anymore?

Well, given the fact that my post - was more along the lines of amusement, etc. (hence the emojis) - vs. the apparent to the letter/literal sense in which you took it, is where your weak post fails.

Last edited:

It was already a roof. BTW every basketball stadium/arena has a roof, so the roof doesn’t make it unique for basketball.

What has seemed odd to me in recent years is when we lose at the dome the fans used to be furious but last few years the fans quietly leave almost accepting our current state of affairs - fans are not as emotionally tied to these teams. Sad actually. I do think JAB and his ‘get off my lawn’ grumpiness is part of it. Trust me he’s not warm and inviting if you see him out at restaurants etc - he really is a grumpy old man

Fans want to be entertained for their hard-earned $.
Seeing players having fun, running the floor and throwing down dunks = fun for fans.
Fans want to walk up to the Dome with excitement for the expected show, not with nostalgia.

Right now we have what amounts to a fan hostage situation, IMHO.

Whenever this is resolved, I hope the AD and new coach successfully recruit/rebuild to provide exciting basketball that makes new fond memories, not nostalgia for old ones.

I’ve been a season ticket holder since McNabb era and given the mediocrity with the program with little evidence it will improve I wonder if fans will come back or decide that TV isn’t that bad vs trekking to dome in 10 degree weather. I think many season ticket holders headed ‘south’ this year who normally would stay home to go to games. I’m honestly on the fence - can’t imagine I’m alone. We can watch 18-13 teams on TV and be OK with that
The product this season has been bad enough that i'm thinking of canceling my tv service!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom