FYI - SPD | Syracusefan.com

FYI - SPD

Tangelo

Walk On
My first post on this site, I'm usually on the football side, but I DO know someone with a fairly high ranking in the SPD who will only say, "It really doesn't look good for Bernie". This person is an SU fan. He is also a stand up guy who follows procedure, so he will say absolutely nothing more.

Sorry that my first contribution is of this sort, and that I have no other information to contribute. But it sounds like it's time for everyone to reassess (even though I hope he's wrong).

That could mean a lot of things. "It really doesn't look good for his reputation." Maybe he meant there's no way to prove these accusers are lying, so BF's reputation will forever be tainted by this.

I mean, yeah, he's accused of molesting boys. That doesn't look good. Doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the investigation itself.

I think we all know what he's implying. If Bernie has been praying on young kids associated with SU basketball for 30 years, he's a monster. Screw his reputation!

That's kind of a broad brush. I would not be surprised if he is cleared of this and never coaches again.

I DO know someone with a fairly high ranking in the SPD who will only say, "It really doesn't look good for Bernie". This person is an SU fan. He is also a stand up guy who follows procedure, so he will say absolutely nothing more.

I love these type of comments.. I have a source, he absolutely won't divulge any information and goes by the book, but he will drop the bombshell that it isn't good news (effectively indicating guilt), but he won't tell anymore because he is to ethical to leak information.

Right off the bat I'm skeptical when I hear that. Either you keep your mouth shut or you spill the beans, there isn't much middle ground.

That's kind of a broad brush. I would not be surprised if he is cleared of this and never coaches again.
Thanks for imparting some level of sanity, Bayside...

My first post on this site, I'm usually on the football side, but I DO know someone with a fairly high ranking in the SPD who will only say, "It really doesn't look good for Bernie". This person is an SU fan. He is also a stand up guy who follows procedure, so he will say absolutely nothing more.

Sorry that my first contribution is of this sort, and that I have no other information to contribute. But it sounds like it's time for everyone to reassess (even though I hope he's wrong).
That's the prevailing thought. I don't think the issue is really Bernie anymore, in my opinion.

Your only contribution is one of innuendo. Oh Lord Come back and post again when you have inside info. that Hopkins is a playa... :mad:

That could mean a lot of things. "It really doesn't look good for his reputation." Maybe he meant there's no way to prove these accusers are lying, so BF's reputation will forever be tainted by this.

I asked that question - "Are you talking about his reputation?". The answer was "no". For the sake of the program I just hope he's enough remove from "the loop" that he doesn't have the full information, but I fear...

He would say nothing more - they really do have a tight lid on this.

everyone, cops included, want to be seen as people who know something.

This is the worst kind of information.

It doesn't look good but no specific facts are offered, so now everyone can let their imaginations run wild.

10269989-large.jpg

Yeah, that tie DOESN'T look good.

If someone within the SPD had word of this, it would have already leaked out and be all over the place.

This become like an elementary school game of Pass the Whisper. By the time the whisper reaches the end of the line, "Bernie is fun" becomes "Bernie is done."

I asked that question - "Are you talking about his reputation?". The answer was "no". For the sake of the program I just hope he's enough remove from "the loop" that he doesn't have the full information, but I fear...

He would say nothing more - they really do have a tight lid on this.

That "lid" is about as tight as Sasha Grey...

I've heard some things...ugh.

If there was this much damning information out there, wouldn't Bernie have been arrested already? This "source" at the SPD could be reacting to a number of hotline calls alleging abuse without any regard to the investigations into the callers to verify the validity. It's not hard to imagine someone who answers those calls talking to someone in the office and saying, "we've got calls from at least 15 different people who have come forward at this point."

I think we should all just hang out and chill for a bit with this stuff.

I love these type of comments.. I have a source, he absolutely won't divulge any information and goes by the book, but he will drop the bombshell that it isn't good news (effectively indicating guilt), but he won't tell anymore because he is to ethical to leak information.

Right off the bat I'm skeptical when I hear that. Either you keep your mouth shut or you spill the beans, there isn't much middle ground.
Not to mention, this is classic syracuse.com troll type stuff. "I know I've never posted here before but I have this bombshell!" Then it never comes true.

Also, he said "I'm usually on the football side" yet he only has two total posts ever, both in this thread. This is a troll spreading rumor. Nothing more.

Not to mention, this is classic syracuse.com troll type stuff. "I know I've never posted here before but I have this bombshell!" Then it never comes true.

Also, he said "I'm usually on the football side" yet he only has two total posts ever, both in this thread. This is a troll spreading rumor. Nothing more.
I'm 95% sure I've seen him on the scout board, don't think he's trying to troll.

This become like an elementary school game of Pass the Whisper. By the time the whisper reaches the end of the line, "Bernie is fun" becomes "Bernie is done."

"It really doesn't look good for Bernie" was originally "I really don't like 'La Do Da' by Journey."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom