Class of 2025 - G Asher Elson (NY) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 G Asher Elson (NY) Offered

Possibly a Gilhool replacement. Looks like a big wing.

Last edited:
Not sure what to say here. People on the board like calling up old posts if things differ from what they think. Hindsight is always 20/20. With that in mind this guy looks pretty talented, he could be a good or great player or could have injuries or bomb and transfer. I could see this guy in the NBA in 2 years or working at FedEx in 5 years. There we go, I think I have covered the bases. Bam!
IMG_0788.gif

He reminds me of a young Danny Manning, very athletic skilled ballhandler and shooter who can be a affective on both end of the court.

Body type, frame, athleticism, play style are all very similar to McCullough coming out of high school. McCullough a little more polished and stronger at this point but this kid has really good potential. He has some guard skills and hit a growth spurt. Still growing into his body. He’ll end playing the 3 mostly but once he starts growing into his body and teach him some down low stuff he can play the stretch 4. This kid is already very skilled and has extremely high potential. NBA potential. Pretty good feeling there’ll be a lot more teams getting involved with this one

Never seen him play, but if he's really got guard skills and is 6'10", he's going to end up being extremely sought after. Also that video above is hilarious; he looks like a different species from everyone else on the court.

Never seen him play, but if he's really got guard skills and is 6'10", he's going to end up being extremely sought after. Also that video above is hilarious; he looks like a different species from everyone else on the court.
Poor man's mini Wemby.

If it's the same HS as Kadary then I would imagine Griff has a pretty good chance here.

He has some skills for sure. Soon he will realize that with his new height he can dunk half of those shots.

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed too.

Don’t think there was a single dunk in that clip.
There shoulda been like ten.

Need to get this young man on campus, then have him watch footage of Hak to see how it’s done.

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed too.

Don’t think there was a single dunk in that clip.
There shoulda been like ten.

Need to get this young man on campus, then have him watch footage of Hak to see how it’s done.
No just show him the Syracuse dunk tape with DC, Rony, Stevie, Billy, Dave Johnson, Leron Ellis, Harried, with Sherm, between the legs pass. And all the interior passes for dunks.

The downside of a kid like this with his height and skill set, is that if he is even slightly good for us, he'll be gone to the NBA the next year. Shoot, he might even be pretty bad for us-- imagine him scoring 12 pts a game on 41/35/75 splits or something like that, and he might go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom