Class of 2025 - G Asher Elson (NY) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 G Asher Elson (NY) Offered

I see a super poor man's young Giannis. Tall, lanky, gangly, athletic and with some guard skills. I hope he comes to Syracuse, because he would be really fun to watch develop.
And I shouldnt say poor man's, he's just not developed, possibly under the radar at this point but the height, perimeter play reminds me of Cam. Its too bad he didnt come to SU, he would have been featured instead he went to Duke in a super class with Zion and Barret and was the third option.

The downside of a kid like this with his height and skill set, is that if he is even slightly good for us, he'll be gone to the NBA the next year. Shoot, he might even be pretty bad for us-- imagine him scoring 12 pts a game on 41/35/75 splits or something like that, and he might go.
Getting kids to the NBA is not a bad thing. If we have someone play well enough to go get drafted, that's great. Better than watching them walk in the portal.

The downside of a kid like this with his height and skill set, is that if he is even slightly good for us, he'll be gone to the NBA the next year. Shoot, he might even be pretty bad for us-- imagine him scoring 12 pts a game on 41/35/75 splits or something like that, and he might go.
Yeah, I'd hate for a player to come to SU and be good enough to get drafted. The next thing you know, he'll be helping SU win games. We don't need that kind of energy around our program.

I spoke to a guy who covers NYC hoops earlier this week, and he said of Elson, "He's a mixture of Brandon Ingram and Jabari Smith." Now, take that with a grain of salt, but Elson seems to have a lot of upside...
He clearly has an intriguing combination of size and skill. But, he is like a fawn. Like some have said, it's like he doesn't realize how tall he is yet. This kid could end up REALLY good.

Yeah, I'd hate for a player to come to SU and be good enough to get drafted. The next thing you know, he'll be helping SU win games. We don't need that kind of energy around our program.
No, absolutely I'd take that too. But as a Syracuse fan, I'd rather get a CJ fair than a Donte Greene, if you know what I mean.

You never want to go crazy over a few highlight clips put together for social media hype etc etc, so I’ll be sure to keep my praise subdued and cautious—
so from those clips of Asher Elson, he looks to be THE.GREATEST.BASKETBALL.PROSPECT.OF.ALLTIME.

(I do find him to be an incredibly fascinating prospect and I would gladly sign up based on his insane upside alone right now)

I spoke to a guy who covers NYC hoops earlier this week, and he said of Elson, "He's a mixture of Brandon Ingram and Jabari Smith." Now, take that with a grain of salt, but Elson seems to have a lot of upside...
Well Ingram and Smith were both picked second right? So we can expect the same.....

Has exploded on the scene relatively late. He says he is now 6’10. And now, this is not a bad title.

Many services have him listed as a guard.

From South Shore. Frozen is going to love this guy.
I don’t know why I didn’t see this until now. How did you know I went to South Shore? From Kadary Richmond’s recruitment?

I don’t know why I didn’t see this until now. How did you know I went to South Shore? From Kadary Richmond’s recruitment?
I think it came up then but I think it first came up when we signed Parker Cantey (RIP) for football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom