Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

Does anyone know the coaches' expectations for Moore? Is he going to be a huge piece next year, and do they see him as a good NBA prospect sooner rather than later? Or will he need time? Highlights have looked great for years, but I'd rather know what our staff thinks.

Does anyone know the coaches' expectations for Moore? Is he going to be a huge piece next year, and do they see him as a good NBA prospect sooner rather than later? Or will he need time? Highlights have looked great for years, but I'd rather know what our staff thinks.
Seems like he's a microwave scorer off the bench with the much-needed ability to shoot.

I watch these and realize I'm basically a cranky old man these days. I watched that clip and have absolutely zero clue if what I saw means anything at all. I get that if you have ADHD it's great with the quick cuts and kids all love this stuff, but I have watched a bunch of those posts and really have no clue what kind of player the dude is.

We desperately need his shooting and scoring. He’ll play

Oh I definitely agree. His highlights have evolved over the last 2 years and it seems like he's turning into a stud guard and not just a catch and shoot guy (although he seems deadeye at that which we desperately need). But that's just highlights and I haven't watched his full games. Just wondering if we're expecting a huge game-changer All-ACC type guard who's pro-bound in a couple years or something less.

He and Starling might start, or it might be Starling and Copeland, with Freeman first off the bench. Then we'll see Cuffe and/or Westry, if he's fit and still on the team.

I watch these and realize I'm basically a cranky old man these days. I watched that clip and have absolutely zero clue if what I saw means anything at all. I get that if you have ADHD it's great with the quick cuts and kids all love this stuff, but I have watched a bunch of those posts and really have no clue what kind of player the dude is.

You're absolutely right. These clips aren't even highlights, they're for MTV.
You have to watch game footage, or at least 6-7 minutes clips of highlights to get a feel for what they do, how high a motor they have, etc.

He's a solid addition and adds an outside threat that this
year's group is lacking. But, he's not the savior to get
us to the next level. We need several more upgrades
at multiple positions to make us a contender again.

Ive watched 7 or 8 full games of Moore this year with Overtime Elite and I think hes going to struggle getting to the rim at this level at least initially. Its not something he does a lot now and Im not so sure how good his first step is. Most of the times that he beats someone off the dribble its a mismatch where a big is switched onto him. Hes an elite shooter, both off the dribble and spot up, but streaky, tends to make 2 or 3 in a row and then miss 4 or 5 straight. I think one of his biggest strengths outside of shooting that will surprise some is that hes a really good and willing passer and the ball doesnt stick when it gets to him. I expect Moore to be a solid contributor off the bench next season that can give us scoring in bunches, which is something we desperately need. I hesitate to think that he will be a high-level starter from day one, but he definitely can play an impactful role on the team next season.

I like Moore as a player and he will help bring some much needed shooting to the team next year. Very happy he is part of the recruiting class for next year. However, I am a little concerned (or unsure) of how he will fit into a team system. While OTE has highly skilled players that Moore gets to compete against, the level of 'team' ball is low in my opinion. It is very similar to AAU ball with a lot of one on one and iso ball. This might be great for some of the guys that are at or near NBA level talent, but it could hurt players that need to play within a more team oriented system at the college level. I just hope he doesn't pick up too many of the potential bad habits that can happen by playing in the OTE league or they can be corrected relatively soon after joining the program.

#818 and #819 seem diametrically opposed as to Moore's willingness to share the ball. Hmmm

Is like to know if that's 33 points on 30 shots or 20... If he goes 8-17 on threes, gets a couple layups and some free throws it is a great game. If he fired up missed shots all afternoon, not so much.

I wish they actually gave you all the pertinent information.