Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

Some highlights
Moore won't see defense that bad in the ACC. But even if they leave you open, you still have to make the shot.

He had made threes in transition, off screens, of the dribble and catch and shoot in that highlight.

He also had a nice and 1 in the post from about 18 feet, and a nice cut to the basket.

He's a very good offensive player.

FWIW, I talked to Zach Smart, who was at the game and was all over this, last night a bunch. He's covered NY hoops for a while, and he said he's never seen anything like this. Granted, Compass was an outmatched foe, but still. Ridiculous performance and on senior night. Maybe ESPN will now put Choppa in the top 100 lol.

He is an absolute master at getting square to the basket, no matter what the rest of his body is doing, his shoulders get square.
Buddy Boeheim seemed to have that skill as well. Some of his body contortions coming off a screen were wild, then by the time the shot went up, his whole body was calm and square to the basket. Pretty amazing talent... Lends to shooting well. :)

Buddy Boeheim seemed to have that skill as well. Some of his body contortions coming off a screen were wild, then by the time the shot went up, his whole body was calm and square to the basket. Pretty amazing talent... Lends to shooting well. :)
It's the absolute key. Obviously it's ideal to have your whole body set up, but when all else fails, square up and trust your shot mechanics. I like JJ's midrange jumper, because he seems to just fall back to mechanics. It is so much smoother than his catch and shoot three point jumper.

And that was Cooney's biggest problem, IMO. He would run his butt off to get open, but he was usually drifting sideways when he released his shot.

I haven’t seen many guys who has a better pull up game, along with a three point shot than Moore. His baseline fall always are nearly automatic. He can also attack the basket. He has also shown a willingness to pass and find people. He’s going to be a factor at SU.

I haven’t seen many guys who has a better pull up game, along with a three point shot than Moore. His baseline fall always are nearly automatic. He can also attack the basket. He has also shown a willingness to pass and find people. He’s going to be a factor at SU.
His form and quick release on his jumper are really nice.

I did have a chance to talk to Zach Smart, the NYC hoops expert who was on hand to watch Elijah's performance. He gave me some insights about that game and Elijah being vastly underrated in 2024.
I wish you didn't use Twitter. Is there a direct link I can click instead?

Any chance Moore is playing in Glens Falls the next couple of weekends?

Not sure but I don't think so. I think they play outside of NYS high school and play in some elite almost semi pro travel league.

Any chance Moore is playing in Glens Falls the next couple of weekends?
What's going on in Glens Falls? I thought Moore's season ended earlier this week. They were knocked out of the OTE playoffs a little while ago and then had senior night this week against a non-OTE team...

What's going on in Glens Falls? I thought Moore's season ended earlier this week. They were knocked out of the OTE playoffs a little while ago and then had senior night this week against a non-OTE team...
That’s where the state finals are.