Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

for those that know, is he a good enough athlete for his shot to immediately translate in D1? In the albeit very limited video I’ve seen he seems to be solid in all areas but doesn’t jump off the court to me. Reminds me of JJ a bit in how his career may look.

He’s not ranked on ESPN because they only scout the EYBL because they have 1 analyst. The fact some of our own fans continuously run with it and say he’s UR overall is quite annoying.

Last edited:
I'm hopeful, but will wait and see. I've gotten hype in the past off of these videos (from Moyer, Anslem, Newton, and most recently Justin Taylor etc.) and come D1 play time, the results were not great. Let's remember this kid is not in most respectable top 100 lists. We will be lucky if he "flew under the radar" and comes in with a chip on his shoulder and is able to cash them in. My hope is that he gets a few minutes as a freshman, keeps a level head and sees a pathway to much more minutes as he progresses over his college career. If he comes in as the 200th ranked player and lives in a dream world of playing major minutes and be one or two and done...he gone to the portal, and next man up.
go through the post in this thread. You won’t find many kid that works harder.

Conangreenland Get To The Choppa GIF by Team Coco

He’s not ranked on ESPN because they only scout the EYBL because they have 1 guy paying attention. The fact some of our own fans continuously run with it and say he’s UR overall is quite annoying.
He also played in the JBC. The people who know, know how good he is/can be. If he can reach his potential with his combination of flashy skillset, personality and social media presence, it’ll be taking him BIGGGG places.

Moore's final RSCI ranking was 77, in spite of being unranked by two of the services counted in the consensus rankings. The bottom half of the top50 often has wonky rankings, as sometimes ranking sites leave off players who are highly ranked by the other ranking sites. It is then uncertain if it was an oversight or a deliberate snub by the site leaving a player unranked.

Freeman finished in 8th place on the RSCI ranking, FWIW. Our highest ranked recruit since Donte Greene.

Our class of 2 players came in 16th with 117 points.

My son’s friend is playing against Choppa right now, he is a ridiculous shot maker.
He’s also without a doubt the hardest working kid. Have heard impressive things about his work ethic and drive from people in the program. Puts in extra time every morning with his dad. He’s basically the opposite of some of the kids we’ve had last few years.

Elijah was on the Captain Jack (Ian Jackson) Pod, and here is an Orangemen clip from it...

Fewer clicks, actually.

It is hoped that the next release of the site software will take care of this.
Hmm.. whether from Twitter or Instagram... I have always clicked copy link and just pasted in the text box to post.