Class of 2024 - G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23) | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 G Elijah Moore (NY) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (1/28/23)

I'd be thrilled if Choppa goes for 35% from three as a true freshman.

A lot of really good shooters start off a lot worse than that. Hard to be a consistent outside threat as a freshman.

He won't be the guy the other team game plans to stop. He'll probably do well as the 2nd or 3rd option from deep next year.

We can't either, Choppa...
Screenshot_20240411-214239_Instagram.jpg

Good interview with Elijah. Seems like a great kid.
It was a very good interview. The interviewer was well prepared and Elijah had good responses.

one note is that in the past there would/may be a question about what major or academic pursuit the new player would pursue at Syracuse. Guess that is a thing of the distant past.

It was a very good interview. The interviewer was well prepared and Elijah had good responses.

one note is that in the past there would/may be a question about what major or academic pursuit the new player would pursue at Syracuse. Guess that is a thing of the distant past.
They will be replacing that with, "What kind of NIL Money are you looking to make your freshman year?"

Kid is always putting in the work.

Is he good enough to start right away? I have seen some say he would be behind JJ and Cuffe. Between these three and Westry who is also in the mix if healthy we have alot of guys for the two.

Is he good enough to start right away? I have seen some say he would be behind JJ and Cuffe. Between these three and Westry who is also in the mix if healthy we have alot of guys for the two.
No. He will not start right away.

No. He will not start right away.
I agree, Moore won't be starting at the beginning of the season. He has too many established players ahead of him, and now he has two grad transfers to mentor him. He'll be lucky to get 15 minutes most games. He'll probably average less than ten and have some dnp games as well.

However, I'm really looking forward to the couple of games next season where he gets hot and drops a boatload of threes in his 15 minutes.

I agree, Moore won't be starting at the beginning of the season. He has too many established players ahead of him, and now he has two grad transfers to mentor him. He'll be lucky to get 15 minutes most games. He'll probably average less than ten and have some dnp games as well.

However, I'm really looking forward to the couple of games next season where he gets hot and drops a boatload of threes in his 15 minutes.
Agreed. I think he’s going to win us a game this coming season when he’s on fire. I’m looking forward to seeing how the depth is used.

Moore is great, he will earn minutes. But, it is great to have upperclassmen in front of him to show him how hard he has to work to get minutes. He works hard. He will earn more and more minutes as the season goes along. He probably won't start this season, but Moore as a sophomore and upperclassman will be better off for the freshman lesson. Red has reconstructed this roster so that we don't have a bunch of prima donna entitled pussies posing for cameras and complaining to the refs before taking care of their obligations. I am expecting a big difference in culture.

I have not seen most of our new guys plY. I saw Lampkin and Carlos. From everything I have read Moore is a very hard worker. Not sure if he plans on four years of college or if he wNts to sit behind JJfor two years. Need the team concept to be completely bought in by all our guys. So for me the question is who does Red design the play for down one 1 seconds to go. Belk, Freeman, one of the guards. Our best team had the go to guy.

I think we're going to need his 3 point shooting more than that.

The trick is to keep him engaged and interested enough that he actually comes back for year 2 and doesn't just portal after not playing much his freshman year like we see a lot of these freshman do. He seems mature enough to realize there are several veteran guards on this team that have paid their dues and will command a lot of minutes. We will really need him in 2025 when we have potentially 2 freshman guards coming in.

The trick is to keep him engaged and interested enough that he actually comes back for year 2 and doesn't just portal after not playing much his freshman year like we see a lot of these freshman do. He seems mature enough to realize there are several veteran guards on this team that have paid their dues and will command a lot of minutes. We will really need him in 2025 when we have potentially 2 freshman guards coming in.
so you're saying it's easy being a coach these days

I personally feel like Moore is in a good spot. Leffew and Carlos are one year guys. Who knows if Chance will ever get healthy. Choppa could be the second most experienced guard on the team in 25-26.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom