Class of 2016 - G John Gillon Jr. Commited to Syracuse | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 G John Gillon Jr. Commited to Syracuse

Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't describe him as cocky or arrogant after reading the article. Instead, I just think the young man is very confident in his game and what he can bring to the table. If he wasn't this confident, I would probably be a bit concerned as a grad transfer coming into a situation like ours.

Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't describe him as cocky or arrogant after reading the article. Instead, I just think the young man is very confident in his game and what he can bring to the table. If he wasn't this confident, I would probably be a bit concerned as a grad transfer coming into a situation like ours.
Cocky was meant in a good sense

great work iommi, this is the money quote I think:
I always have seen myself as a starter. I make the most of it when I do come off the bench but this is my last year and I want to have the best role I can. In my eyes that’s being a starter and (playing) big minutes.

It's good he mentioned both, because with Boeheim, they dont always coincide.

Gillon is going to wear #4. Our last transfer who wore #4 worked out pretty damn well.

I wouldnt mind(on occasion) seeing a 3(AW) next to that 4 in the backcourt.

Last edited:
I wouldnt mind(on occasion) seeing a 3(AW) next to that 4 in the backcourt.

If I remember correctly after the recruiting process was complete there was an article that said Moyer would wear #3 like his recruiter GMAC. Might be a problem for AW to get #3.

If I remember correctly after the recruiting process was complete there was an article that said Moyer would wear #3 like his recruiter GMAC. Might be a problem for AW to get #3.
Moyer's the type of guy who would gladly surrender his number if that's what's best for the team. He'll get it back after a year anyway...unless Tucker wants it.

Moyer will wear 3 and Battle will wear 25.

For Gillon yes, but he has us finishing 9th in the ACC... That's not good.

Well unlike us he doesn't know White is coming Popcorn

Preseason rankings are nice but in the grand scheme of things aren't the end all. I prefer the coaches poll the second week of April SUball

He sure mentions enough of our players in all of these lists (impact freshman, under-the-radar, transfers) for only putting us at 9th!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom