Class of 2026 - G Jordan Smith Jr. (VA) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2026 G Jordan Smith Jr. (VA) Offered

jordville

Hall of Fame
Jordan Smith Jr. plays at Paul VI Catholic and.. you guessed it... TTO.

Cuse offer isn't showing up on the recruiting sites that I've seen (at least yet), but he posted it on IG 7 weeks ago (Coach Straughn liked it). I'll share it in the next post...

ON HIS EARLY OFFERS:

“So far, I have Syracuse, Maryland, Providence, Kansas State, Georgetown, Mount Saint Mary’s, Villanova and George Mason.”

ON UNOFFICIAL VISITS HE’S TAKEN:

“I’ve been to Villanova and Georgetown. I’m supposed to go to Syracuse too.”

ON SYRACUSE:

“With Syracuse, it’s, like, Team Takeover [AAU] family with [Donnie Freeman] there. We both played on Takeover. I was supposed to already visit but I haven’t. I’m going to.”

ON HIS EARLY OFFERS:

“So far, I have Syracuse, Maryland, Providence, Kansas State, Georgetown, Mount Saint Mary’s, Villanova and George Mason.”

ON UNOFFICIAL VISITS HE’S TAKEN:

“I’ve been to Villanova and Georgetown. I’m supposed to go to Syracuse too.”

ON SYRACUSE:

“With Syracuse, it’s, like, Team Takeover [AAU] family with [Donnie Freeman] there. We both played on Takeover. I was supposed to already visit but I haven’t. I’m going to.”
Yeah, he said in another interview this past fall that he wants to visit SU ... 'Cuse coaches were at several Paul VI games recently at the City of Palms Classic for Jordan and Anthony Brown, a 2026 PG.

Just caught the last part of his game against the Boozer's team. Jordan is quick,strong, and plays with great intensity. Paul VI lost but played hard. Very talented kid.

IMO Smith has arguably the highest upside of any player SU is recruiting - has the build of someone ready for college now, and has two years left of high school. Attacks the boards with aggression, especially for a guard.

For those clamoring for a pitbull-like guard, look no further. His stock will undoubtedly rise and the blue bloods will come calling, let's hope Red has the program in a place where it becomes attractive enough come time for college. Keep an eye out.

I wonder if our new Asst. coach has connections here to supplement Red/Straughn? The DMV is always loaded. If the game plan is to try to get a lot of our team from the region, I'm all for it.

The "Hyatts" portion of my username is short for "Hyattsville". I literally lived next door to DeMatha high school and would walk over and watch their games. The battles between DeMatha and Paul VI, Gonzaga, etc. were so much fun to watch.

I wonder if our new Asst. coach has connections here to supplement Red/Straughn? The DMV is always loaded. If the game plan is to try to get a lot of our team from the region, I'm all for it.

The "Hyatts" portion of my username is short for "Hyattsville". I literally lived next door to DeMatha high school and would walk over and watch their games. The battles between DeMatha and Paul VI, Gonzaga, etc. were so much fun to watch.

Paul VI could really ball! Picture2.jpg

Yes, the new assistant has strong recruiting ties in the DMV. He's from Bethesda. And that's cool you lived near DeMatha; I grew up not far away as well! :)

Jordan Smith was named All Underclass & Honorable Mention for EYBL Session 1. Team Takeover went 3-0, and he averaged 10.0 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 2.0 APG, 1.3 SPG.