Class of 2026 - G Jordan Smith Jr. (VA) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2026 G Jordan Smith Jr. (VA) Offered

IMG_5302.jpeg

If we get Kiyan for '25 and I doubt he's a one and done, there is no way Jordan plays behind Kiyan at the 2 (plus we will have a 3rd year Choppa). If we are lucky to have them all, perhaps if Kiyan gets to 6'6, (he is currently 6'5) and adds weight, he could play forward.

If we get Kiyan for '25 and I doubt he's a one and done, there is no way Jordan plays behind Kiyan at the 2 (plus we will have a 3rd year Choppa). If we are lucky to have them all, perhaps if Kiyan gets to 6'6, (he is currently 6'5) and adds weight, he could play forward.
Jordan would be our PG and damn could we use a top notch PG. Kiyan I believe they are projecting as a SF.

Jordan would be our PG and damn could we use a top notch PG. Kiyan I believe they are projecting as a SF.
Jordan is an undersized shooting/combo guard similar in ways to our last player at the point position. But, it could work if he isn't ball dominant and there are multiple ball handlers on the floor who are disciplined and move the ball around. It's just buying into a system, making smart plays (don't be prone to turnovers) and don't hog the ball.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but do we really expect to get him when every blue blood will be after him? I know we can dream, but…

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but do we really expect to get him when every blue blood will be after him? I know we can dream, but…
Are you suggesting the coaches shouldn't try?

Red and his staff have really put the time in on this kid. They even traveled to Europe to watch him play. They must think they have a chance or they wouldn’t waste their time.

Rutgers got those two top 10 guards this season. We have to start landing these kinds of players too. Donnie and Sadiq are very good starts for Red. I hope we can pull in Kiyan and Shon Abaev as well.

I agree with some of the sentiments above that it will prove challenging for 'Cuse to ultimately win out for Jordan. That being said, as noted, Straughn was on hand for Smith at the FIBA World Cup in Turkey over the summer. SU has been in attendance for him on the EYBL circuit. Coach Red has deep, long-standing ties to Smith's HS, St. Paul VI, and we all know about his and Straughn's recruiting connections to Team Takeover. It will be tough to prevail, but I do think Syracuse has a shot. The staff is putting in the work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom